Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to what you all think about the 10 hour first service and it's associated costs. I was quoted about $600.plus ! Really, for something that Can Am wants you to do . I believe that the pricing should either be reduced or Can Am should step up and help out as they are the ones not confident in their own product . Having been a Mechanic most of my adult life this seems so out of place and over priced is it any wonder why folks resist going to the dealer ? Any thoughts ? Thanks.:stomp:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did my0 own. As mentioned before, you learn so much from performing this service. I spent just under $100.00 for fluids etc. Took me a few days at 2 hours a day, but fun (for me anyway)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dealer charged $95 for the service even with the synthetic oil I requested.Dropped off on Wednesday and picked up Thursday

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi.. We meaning my son and I just did the 10 hour service.. it took about 4 hours but we took our time. You really learn a lot about your machine. The major thing is you know it was done right. I downloaded the service manual it took longer to take off all the buttons then it did to do the service. One thing I will do next time is use my screw gun an remove all the skids.. because the diffs and gearbox get oils all over.. kind of mess to clean up. Also removing the skids helps you do a good cleaning..

Good luck

Peace

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll be servicing mine myself from now on too. When the dealer performed it's 10hr service, they failed to tighten the drain plug in the tranny and it was ready to fall out. Glad I did my pre-trip check! I was just kinda looking at the diffs the other day though, looks like it could be a pain in the ass, can't even tell which one to remove or fill, any input?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi.. We meaning my son and I just did the 10 hour service.. it took about 4 hours but we took our time. You really learn a lot about your machine. The major thing is you know it was done right. I downloaded the service manual it took longer to take off all the buttons then it did to do the service. One thing I will do next time is use my screw gun an remove all the skids.. because the diffs and gearbox get oils all over.. kind of mess to clean up. Also removing the skids helps you do a good cleaning..

Peace
Where can I download the service manual from??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts