Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i pretty much know what the top speed of the 1000xt is since i have one. with my full winshield/wind drag, visor and roof and me and wife im hitting 69 to 72. Bout right. How bout the 800xt? I cant find anything.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an 11 800XT. Before I put the roof and windshield on, with the wife and me in it I saw 65 on the speedometer and it was still climbing but I was running out of river bed so I shut it down.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. yeah that windshield will drag it down a bit. that wind gets stuck between my windshield and visor. actually have to push on the windshield to keep it from the center of it blowing under the visor

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 2012 800xt with half windshield and roof and had it up to 67mph:)
nice. i know the 800 aint no slouch. thinking about telling my buddy to go with 800 and save a little money. the top speed isnt that big of a difference but im sure it takes a bit longer to get up there. i think from what im hearing he may be happy with the 800 for sure.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
the speed ain't a big deal for me we just cruise around up in the mountains, but i had to see how fast it would go.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh agree for sure. you can only go so fast on the trails. this was my last toy purchase thats why i went 1000. his budget is a little tighter than mine so i think the 800 would be plenty for him

1 - 8 of 8 Posts