Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Too darn purty to put on a Commander and hide with the cowl plastics John ....hope there's no extra charge for getting them filthy dirty prior to shipping!! ...haha

Those look fantastic ....will pricing be with our cores exchanged, or those puppies gonna go outright only ?....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
You keep all your stock stuff. Unless you just want to send them in. They should start testing this week.
Does Greg see any possibility in over boring the 1000 core jugs like he has been able to do with the 800s for the 975 BBK?....Lance

·
Registered
305 Posts
ya good to know 100mm on the bore... I would like to match that with a 84mm stroke if im gonna get some work done, might as well get it done all the way. Lance they have comppletely new billet heads to match these barrels as well for the Commander.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
ya good to know 100mm on the bore... I would like to match that with a 84mm stroke if im gonna get some work done, might as well get it done all the way. Lance they have comppletely new billet heads to match these barrels as well for the Commander.
Sounds like a lot of HP could come out of them for sure....just a little bit disappointed like a lot of Mandi owners right now....

First off, the ECM and cost incurred thereof needs to be taken care of before the BBK potential can be used fully IMO.....I say used fully and not "make a difference somewhat"....I know that when I put the exaust and fuel tuner on, it should have made much more difference in perfomance than what it did....more proof that the ECM is limiting....the bang for the buck is not at the Commander's doorstep until "Operation ECM" is executed completely....

I'm just a little bit spoiled with the ~$1500.00 base price of the reworked 800 jugs exchanged and kit to add 175cc to the old school 800......as opposed to ~$3500.00 for brand new jugs and kit to add 205cc to the 1000....then have to use the 1000 takeoff jugs for decorations on a shelf.....just a reality check for me today I guess.......Lance

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im not sure where you are getting these prices but I think you might be off a penny or more. Next is we are not sure where the main restiction is at or if the ECM can be used on the BBKs. The aftermarket ECMs that are coming out might not be a must for BBKs or cams. I also can assure you that if you install one of these kits you will feel the power increase. I would not make any predictions right now.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Im not sure where you are getting these prices but I think you might be off a penny or more. Next is we are not sure where the main restiction is at or if the ECM can be used on the BBKs. The aftermarket ECMs that are coming out might not be a must for BBKs or cams. I also can assure you that if you install one of these kits you will feel the power increase. I would not make any predictions right now.

Fantastic to hear about the ECM....time will tell for what that stock box may be capable of along side Greg's BBK hardware....that's why I use the ~ (approximately) sign before the dollar amount, to ball-park a number and still retain an accurate statement, but isn't the 975 BBK around $1500.00 for re-sleeved jugs, pistons/any compression and rest of kit less any cams and machine work??....Thanx.....Lance

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea his 975 for the ATVs are 1650 plus 300 for the cams. No machining needed though. MrRPM has been working hard to not only put out these kits but to also use some new toys he has bought to knock prices down. It is going to be interesting when all the testing and numbers hit the news.

Also what was you talking about 3500??? That is what I was refering to

·
Registered
12 Posts
BBK Kit

Yea his 975 for the ATVs are 1650 plus 300 for the cams. No machining needed though. MrRPM has been working hard to not only put out these kits but to also use some new toys he has bought to knock prices down. It is going to be interesting when all the testing and numbers hit the news.

John , I hear alot of people saying ( the power is in the heads. ported,big valves and cams to match )

would we get more with that setup , or BBK , cams and stock heads?
or would we send our stock heads in for work to match the BBK ?

How much for the COMPLETE setup ? ( BBK, bilit heads, cams, piston monster ECM and recommended exhaust all in a kit package ??

Or is it not offered like that ??

any ( ballpark price HP with a complete kit like that ?

Is it any gain with the billit heads over sending the stock heads in for complete work, and how much cheaper if sent the stockers ?

sorry for so many questions at once ...

hope i don't make your finger tips bleed like (BREAKING ) DID YOUR EAR THE OTHER NIGHT :rofl:

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts

Thanx John ...that $3500.00 number came from another forum ...but since it caught you by surprise, then it is very safe to assume that it was a peeps speculatory number rather than a quoted price ......Lance

1 - 12 of 12 Posts