Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Commander 2012 1000X. I have what I think is a exhaust rattle at idle, and either a squealing or scraping noise at idle. Has anyone had similar problems or know what this is?
It does not make these noises under load.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The exhaust rattle may be from your cargo bed latch. I had the same thing then figured out that the latches for the tilt bed weren't completely closed. Tilt your cargo bed, reclose it with authority and see if the noise goes away.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Let's address the rattle.

Grab your upper tailgate and shake it in and out. Is that the sound?

Raise your bed up and put a light touch of vaseline (or grease) on the 2 hook latches on the bed and the pins they hook on the machine. That do it?

Have you grabbed the exhaust system and reefed it around to duplicate the rattle your hearing? Anything there?

I bet it is the bed latches and the lube on affected parts will cure it.

Take a 10 second video with your noises and post it here please.

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will check those things today. As far as the getting a 10 second sample, that may take a while since it only would make the 2 noises after a while of wheeling and then sitting idle. I won't be taking it out for at least a few weeks. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have a look at the shroud at the back of the muffler were the tail pipe comes out of it, mine was touching it , so I adjusted it away and now the rattle has quit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If it is the bed look to see which side is loose and adjust it....only 1 side of mine was loose so i tightened the stop and now no rattle at all.

Sent from my Motorola Xyboard

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think i see the problem, its rusty! you should use it more often. LOL
grease worked for me, good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts