Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some confusion on this aspect of the Can Am required maintenance. I have a 2011 Commander and my Owners Manual (page 86) says: Every 2000 miles or 100 hours - "Lubricate the drive and driven pulleys (including the one-way bearing)"

The Service Manual (page 156) says: "This CVT is lubrication free. Never lubricate any components except the drive pulley one-way clutch"

Has anyone done this maintenance......?

Looking for some help on this one :(

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
The only thing that should be lubed when serviced is the one-way bearing .....everything else in both sheaves are to be left dry ...from my Rotax 800 days anyway.....think our commanders are the same.

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing that should be lubed when serviced is the one-way bearing .....everything else in both sheaves are to be left dry ...from my Rotax 800 days anyway.....think our commanders are the same.
Thanks LBR.....

I have the primary clutch pulled apart ready for lubrication. From what I can glean from the manual and what I can see, the only locations that I'll need to lubricate with Isoflex grease is shown in my photos. Any other thoughts while I have this apart.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
This is probably too late, but it looks like you got it covered ...springs, spring caps, and in that same area on shaft and bearing ....everything inside and outside that area is to remain dry

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts