Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was thinking of getting another set of rims and tires to replace my stock XT rims and really want to stay at the same size and backspacing etc.....but I am a bit put off by the different lingo the companies are using to describe the offset.

So, I THOUGHT I had this..... 14x10 with 51mm offset and 14x8 with 41mm offset. My tires are 27 x 11 and 27 x 9

so, wtf does 3-2 etc translate to in my case? I am thinking I will just find clean factory rims and be done with this craziness. :D

so What should I be looking for in an aftermarket rim? seems like most packages with tires (recommendations for a good overall tire?) come with 7" rims...thats nfg to me! :(

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
I was thinking of getting another set of rims and tires to replace my stock XT rims and really want to stay at the same size and backspacing etc.....but I am a bit put off by the different lingo the companies are using to describe the offset.

So, I THOUGHT I had this..... 14x19 with 51mm offset and 14x8 with 41mm offset. My tires are 27 x 11 and 27 x 9

so, wtf does 3-2 etc translate to in my case? I am thinking I will just find clean factory rims and be done with this craziness. :D

so What should I be looking for in an aftermarket rim? seems like most packages with tires (recommendations for a good overall tire?) come with 7" rims...thats nfg to me! :(
Your description of a 14x19 rim means the rim is for a 14" diameter tire and is 19" wide......I am also confused.

What brand of 14" rim are you looking at that is 19" wide? I can't imagine any tire that would do any justice on that rim, for any reason.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your description of a 14x19 rim means the rim is for a 14" diameter tire and is 19" wide......I am also confused.

What brand of 14" rim are you looking at that is 19" wide? I can't imagine any tire that would do any justice on that rim, for any reason.

Orrrrr....it was a typo. :D

14 x 10 is what was meant.

I think that the stocks must be not 14x10 but 14 x9 and fronts are 14 x7?

sorry for the confusion.
These are the stock XT alloy rims.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
14x10 with 51mm offset probably means there is 7" of the rim width is towards the inside of the hub flange plane, with the remaining 3" set towards the outside of same.

Likewise, the 14x8 with 41mm offset would probably have 5.6" of rim to the inside with remaining 2.4" outwards from the hub plane.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts