Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are considering a new Canam Commander and have the 2012 Commander LTD, its been a good rig other than heat in the cab, and noisy. Anyone have the new model and.had an older one? Are they quieter, and less heat in the cab? Someone told us the engine is farther back in the rig?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are considering a new Canam Commander and have the 2012 Commander LTD, its been a good rig other than heat in the cab, and noisy. Anyone have the new model and.had an older one? Are they quieter, and less heat in the cab? Someone told us the engine is farther back in the rig?
I made the upgrade in August 2021, bought the 2021 1000xtp. I had over 11,000km on my 2012 1000x, and have over 2200km on the new rig. It’s definitely a lot cooler in the cab, mind you I did like the heat during the winter months. As far as noise it is a lot quieter. The platform is based off the maverick sport, just a few styling differences and of course a dump box. (So yes engine is rear mounted under box). The added ground clearance is also a big plus. So far it’s been just basic maintenance (oil changes) as well as replacing brake pads, at 2100km that was a real pain because of the pad retaining pins. The torque head screws are easy to strip out, need lotsa heat to break free and even then had to drill and use easy outs to remove. I’ve since replaced with pins from ALL BALLS RACING. (They actually have hex head that is deep so you can break free)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I made the upgrade in August 2021, bought the 2021 1000xtp. I had over 11,000km on my 2012 1000x, and have over 2200km on the new rig. It’s definitely a lot cooler in the cab, mind you I did like the heat during the winter months. As far as noise it is a lot quieter. The platform is based off the maverick sport, just a few styling differences and of course a dump box. (So yes engine is rear mounted under box). The added ground clearance is also a big plus. So far it’s been just basic maintenance (oil changes) as well as replacing brake pads, at 2100km that was a real pain because of the pad retaining pins. The torque head screws are easy to strip out, need lotsa heat to break free and even then had to drill and use easy outs to remove. I’ve since replaced with pins from ALL BALLS RACING. (They actually have hex head that is deep so you can break free)
We did get the 2021 XTP, really like it, cooler and quieter. The linkage for changing gears needed adjustment, adjusted yet but still needs more, put it in H and it may still be in L, and sometimes clatters when its between gears. Only a little over 500km, still breaking it in. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts