Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there installed a harness sytem? After I did a functional check out of my roll cage, the wife and had problems un-buckling the factory seatbelts. Found out that when all of your weight is hanging from the seatbelt, you can't unbuckle it. I am looking for either a 3 or 5 point harness system and can't decide which one to get. I also noted that most of them require you to install the bar between the roll cage directly behind the seats and I don't think you really need that if you could wrap them around the cage bar back there. ???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. One more question is how do you defeat the seat belt safety that restricts your speed if they are not buckled?

·
Registered
305 Posts
You can take the male buckle off the belt and plug it into the female portion and then just tuck the whole cable under along the side of your seat.
Just make sure to use birth control. :devil:
I have the same bar as Barb and it works just fine.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I got Beard 4 point seat belts with push button release like stock but smaller from Bert's Mega Mall. And I got seat belt harness bar from TurnkeyUTV.

They both work great.

As for the the seat belt wire, I cut three inch up on the seat belt side so I would have a plug to remove should I need to unplug it to reset a maintenance reminder when it comes up. There is that whole thing of unbuckle the seat belt and hold the reverse override and press the break pedal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts