Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wandering if anybody has ran 30x9x14 Silverbacks on a Commander or any side by side. I was in at my dealer today and a guy was buying a XMR but wanted 11'' tires on all four corners. So I bought his rims and tires off him for a good price and was going to run them on my 1000 XT. Somebody told me I wouldn't wanna run 9'' tires all around. Looking for some input please!! Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't like to run skinny tires on my machines. I find they cut through the muskeg and then your buried. The wider the better at least for muskeg. You get better floatation with wider tires, which allows you to float more on the muskeg instead of breaking through. I think this is why that guy upgraded to 11" wides.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's kinda what I was thinking too! I see you're from Hinton! I'm in Grande Prairie so muskeg is sometimes unavoidable!! I think the XMR rims will be to skinny to put a 11'' on the back too! So I don't know what i"m going to do! Didn't want Silverbacks at first either cause of the rough ride, but the price was right!

·
Registered
12 Posts
If the price was that good you can always turn around and sell them for some profit. I ordered 28X10 for the front and 28X12 for the rear of my commander on stock rims.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nope, to wide with the offset rims. Wont fit in the box of my truck, and the rears rubbed alot on the rock sliders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts