Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tried to use the dash switch and the hand held remote. nothing not even a click. still smells new. what would you check? glad im not in a mud hole someplace. just tried it for the hell of it. is there a fuse or sum thing i need to install?

thank you.

jim

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Check the fuse box....I. believe the switch is protected by a fuse.....something in the 5 amp size.

sent by a twin turboed RAZR

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you LBR, you the only one allowed to respond around here?

ill do just what you said. on a side note, how are people making the service manuals that are posted as a down load making them work? im one of those guys (ok, old as a rock) that needs a one step process. kind of a click and shoot kind of thing.

Check the fuse box....I. believe the switch is protected by a fuse.....something in the 5 amp size.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
thank you LBR, you the only one allowed to respond around here?

ill do just what you said. on a side note, how are people making the service manuals that are posted as a down load making them work? im one of those guys (ok, old as a rock) that needs a one step process. kind of a click and shoot kind of thing.
These service manuals are very large files, so it's not something to just send to someone via email. They are usually hosted thru a sharing website with a link that peeps can go to for download. Most of them have a hosting time limit that expires, so when you read an 'older' post with a link to it, it has probably expired until the peep that hosted it reestablishes it again.

The link on this site is older and probably is null and void. Possible a peep from another site can chime in if a link is active elsewhere.... maybe BottleRocket can help us out if the other site has a live link for you!

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
You said the winch is not making noise, but it is worth a look if the red knob on the side of the winch is in the locked and not free position. I would think you would hear a noise but maybe it disables the motor. Sorry not able to check on mine right now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it was the 5 amp fuse. mechanic must have touch a wire or something. now i have rocker switch lights. i was thinking the other night when driving back home that they should have put lights in the switches.... funny they already thought of that.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have not been on here for a while, but I had the same issue with my XT a short time ago. Put up a post about it too! I found out that my 4X4 was not working and when checking into that, discovered the winch trouble just like you described. All because of a bad 5 amp fuse. They must have got a bad batch of those. It's all good now though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts