Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was riding my commander around the yard a few days ago and realized that the 4X4 was not engaging. Further investigating led me to discover the winch would not work either. I was able to track the problem down to a blown 5 amp fuse. Replaced the fuse and everything works again! Just wanted to post this in case someone else has a similar issue.

All's well that ends well!:yeah:

·
Administrator
2,344 Posts
Was riding my commander around the yard a few days ago and realized that the 4X4 was not engaging. Further investigating led me to discover the winch would not work either. I was able to track the problem down to a blown 5 amp fuse. Replaced the fuse and everything works again! Just wanted to post this in case someone else has a similar issue.

All's well that ends well!:yeah:
Thanx for the info. BTW, check that fuse occasionally...unless you are certain why it blew the first time, it may blow again on the trail....maybe high resistance in the wiring connection or a component in that circuit. You probably are carrying extra 5 amp fuses with you because of this, but I would throw a couple of 7.5 amps ones in too.

sent by a twin turboed RAZR

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Didn't really look for any bad wires, but if this fuse blows, I will be sure to have a close look at the wires. I think this fuse only supplies power to ativate the switches for 4 wheel and for the winch, not the actual power for the accessory.

·
Administrator
2,344 Posts
Check the female fuse prongs of that circuit for a lot of corrosion....look for the white color...if they are highly corroded looking, then where they are touching the sides of the original fuse can have so much resistance that excessive heat can occur....eventually could pop it.....you pull bad fuse out and insert new one onto the clean slide marks of female spade, you have good connection for awhile

It's a far reaching scenario, but does happen....especially to a fussy owner who insists to hose their rig down after every ride....more water, more corrosion, more long term problems for many components besides just the fuse box IMO

sent by a twin turboed RAZR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.