Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think that baby is going to spend a lot of time on its side or even on its roof. I am really glad Maine allows 60 " width on all there trails

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
I hope that AC focusses a lot of their energies on quality... not only this 50" model chassis, but engine, drive train and electronics that have been plaguing the Gen 1 Wildcat.

sent by a twin turboed RAZR

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have friends that own the Polaris 50" wide razor and wanted better tires on them. Turns out their better tires made the machine wider than 50" and they were ticketed for riding on 50" trails. One was at 51" that sucks to be charged so much for an inch. I like the wider stance and while there are a number of trails in my area that are 50" where most of them end up is the same place you can get to by another trail but it might take you longer to get there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have friends that own the Polaris 50" wide razor and wanted better tires on them. Turns out their better tires made the machine wider than 50" and they were ticketed for riding on 50" trails. One was at 51" that sucks to be charged so much for an inch. I like the wider stance and while there are a number of trails in my area that are 50" where most of them end up is the same place you can get to by another trail but it might take you longer to get there.
Where are you at that they ticket you, not listed in your profile?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Utah there are a few small sections of trails that are still 50" wide. In many other areas they have been changing the trails slowly to 60" wide where possible. There are some areas that will never become wider than 50" I am ok with that, because to try and fight to get the trail width changed could actually lead to the trail becoming non motorize vehicle use. We have a large number of companies and their PACs trying to close more and more land to motorized vehicles, so that they can actually do more damage with their mountain bikes which want to blaze new trails through the trees and down the side of the mountains.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts