Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going through the bike yesterday and found dirt got past the air filter. Can any one tell me what the best filter is so i can stop this or the best way to stop this from happening any more?

·
Administrator
2,344 Posts
This is happening to too many rigs to be an isolated case, so join our club....many are installing aftermart or fabricating their own to allow more and cleaner air into the engine ...

Sent by my twin-turbo Droid Razr

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
The RZR's have been out a lot longer then the Commander and they still don't have it right yet...lol

Some peeps have taken vaseline and spread it around the airbox lid to keep the small particles from getting in...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thank you Barb, I was just signing on to ask of anyone had tried vaseline around the rim of the air filter or air box to keep out the very fine dust, now I have my answer, one of the many things I love about this forum.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey Julio - I've always liked the K&N, but there are good foam/oil filters also. Changed mine out - including the Vaseline - before I ever saw the dust -- but only because I read about the problem on this forum. In case I haven't taken the opportunity yet, a big thank you to all on this forum! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.