Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today that there is antifreeze coming out of my vent tube at the water pump directly under oil filter housing. it is the clear tube that is beside the radiator hose going into the water pump. It is just dripping a little. Noticed there was a very small amount mayabe a quarter oz. on the garage floor when i took it out of the garage. I stareted it after checking where it was coming from and it was just barely dripping. Does anyone have any expirience with this? I have a 2012 commander 1000 xt with 40 hours and 317 miles on it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

· Administrator
2,363 Posts
Keep tabs on if the leak seems to get worst over time.... with that many hours/miles, I'm assuming it is still under warranty?....if it gets worst, I would start discussions with your dealer for some warranty work....that you already paid for in the purchase price.

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,LBR. I called a dealership and they told me it will do that sometimes. They said it will vent at times to protect the impeller and seals. I just lost a couple of tablespoons of coolant and it has quit leaking. They said to keep a check on it and if it starts running out constantly that will let me know I have a bad seal.

· Administrator
2,363 Posts
Thanks,LBR. I called a dealership and they told me it will do that sometimes. They said it will vent at times to protect the impeller and seals. I just lost a couple of tablespoons of coolant and it has quit leaking. They said to keep a check on it and if it starts running out constantly that will let me know I have a bad seal.
That's perfect.... sounds like an OK dealership you have.

sent from my twin-turbo RAZR

· Administrator
2,363 Posts
I'm glad your dealer is privy to the pump needing work if and as that leak gets worse.....a few peeps can't even get their dealers to take care of obvious problems like these without threatening them....there have been many scary stealership stories told on other sites!

sent from my twin-turbo RAZR

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Called the dealership where I bought it at and talked to the service manager. He told me that if there is any coolant at all coming out of the clear hose the seal is bad. It is still under warranty. The dealership set me up an appointment so it can be changed that day so I won't have to make two trips. I like that because it is over a hundred miles one way to the dealership. He also told me they replace the oil seal behind the water pump seal.

· Premium Member
543 Posts
So how did the trip to the dealer work out? And have you been able to confirm it is fixed.

Hope it worked out. By the way what dealer did you end up working with?

Called the dealership where I bought it at and talked to the service manager. He told me that if there is any coolant at all coming out of the clear hose the seal is bad. It is still under warranty. The dealership set me up an appointment so it can be changed that day so I won't have to make two trips. I like that because it is over a hundred miles one way to the dealership. He also told me they replace the oil seal behind the water pump seal.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes. Took the commander to the dealership that sold it to me and thet replaced the water pump seal and the oil seal behind it also. The seal was bad. They showed it to me. My appointment was at noon and they went right to work on it as soon as I arrived. Took about 2 1/2 hours. Had me headed back home after they tested it. They are a great dealership in my opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.