Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If my exhaust ever shows up with my digi-tune, I'd like to make it a closed loop system with and O2 sensor. My question is, do I have to spend $400+ on a Wego III or can I just buy an O2 sensor with a digital air/fuel gauge?

·
Registered
49 Posts
closed loop system

I'm no expert. But, from my reading a closed loop system requires an O2 sensor that is talking to the ECU and is giving it Air fuel ratio information which the ECU uses to alter the injection timing the keep the afr in a set level range based upon several parameters programmed into the fuel map of the ECU.

The wide band O2 sensor is used to tune the aftermarket add on fuel control, generally to add fuel as most factory maps are very lean.

Hope this helps.,

·
Registered
85 Posts
To tune your v twin motor properly you will need 02 censors in both head pipes 12 to 16 inches from the head and if you want it rite spend the 400.00

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
You can use any afr gauge and kit that has that option to close loop with your digitune Pro...just as you would do with a Wego3. ......make sure your getting the pro series for this closed loop hookup and not just the regular digituner .....the Wego3 also has data recorder capabilities too......

Hold off on the close loop for now ....the manufacturer of the digituner just bought himself a commander and is hot and heavy to perfect the digituner pro map ...right now the map for close loop is just so.so...Muzzy's will update newer pros with the updated map ......

We'll keep in touch ...BLR and I are going to do a full testing with the Wego 3 in each cylinder throughout all rpms and loads for our own tuning sessions some weekend shortly ....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
49 Posts
O2 sensors

I have been in touch with the Tune Monster guy. He tells me that if I weld in 2 bungs, 1 in each header, I can move the O2 sensor from on to the other for tuning. IE tune each cylinder independantly. I have an Innovate AFR with output that will function with the Tune Monster. The other alternative is to install 2 O2 sensors.

How do you get 12 to 16 inches on cylinder 2, the back one, its head pipe is so short!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
i have been in touch with the tune monster guy. He tells me that if i weld in 2 bungs, 1 in each header, i can move the o2 sensor from on to the other for tuning. Ie tune each cylinder independantly. I have an innovate afr with output that will function with the tune monster. The other alternative is to install 2 o2 sensors.

How do you get 12 to 16 inches on cylinder 2, the back one, its head pipe is so short!!
that is what is recommended for optimum censor readings but i know what you mean it mite have to be 8 to 10 just as long as they are the same distance from each head

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
I have been in touch with the Tune Monster guy. He tells me that if I weld in 2 bungs, 1 in each header, I can move the O2 sensor from on to the other for tuning. IE tune each cylinder independantly. I have an Innovate AFR with output that will function with the Tune Monster. The other alternative is to install 2 O2 sensors.

Here's the Muzzy Race Exaust that incorporates dual bungs on all their race exausts.......you can see the bungs are very close to the head...probably around 6".....they would know it's OK to be located there of any mfg of exaust....Lance

·
Registered
85 Posts
Here's the Muzzy Race Exaust that incorporates dual bungs on all their race exausts.......you can see the bungs are very close to the head...probably around 6".....they would know it's OK to be located there of any mfg of exaust....Lance

thats good to know muzzy was only putting 1 bung in the cross pipe im glad they are doing 2 in the race pipe

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
thats good to know muzzy was only putting 1 bung in the cross pipe im glad they are doing 2 in the race pipe
They also have their XT running the O2 sensor in the rear cylinder for monitoring on the Wego3, and have the Wego3 closed-loop to the Digituner Pro with a so-so map right now....they stated monitoring the rear bung promotes the front cylinder at a safe AFR on MUZZY'S RACE EXAUST from their testing....

Greg>>>(we have heard the opposite with another brand of pipes, right??....when the rear was bang on, didn't a peep report the front may be .5 to .75 of a point leaner?)...of course, this is probably the different pipes design coming into play....

They told me to wait for awhile until the map gets "perfected" by Digituner owner on his own commandy.....then I will send our Digituner back to Muzzy and they will re-program with the perfected map.......We're waking the Commander up, one part at a time...:giggle:....Lance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts