Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin for a lil more low to mid range umph. Who is running THEBOM drop ins and how do yall like them?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well i guess no one lol. My 60mm throttle body came in. My maverick intake should be here monday and im ordering THEBOM cams this coming up thursday. Hopefully if i dont fudge anything up then in a couple weeks she should be a runner. Hopefully the machined 2ndary will handle it till i can get the stm. Gonna call /// and get him to send me a stall spring for 27-2800. Does anyone know if the $250 timing tool is required, if so would it be best to order THEBOM 800 cams and then just buy the 800 cam sprockets to avoid the tool all together

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
I would certainly think you should be able to run stock sprockets and chains with your new cams like one can with the MrRPM cams. The factory BRP sprockets should never wear, and the replacement 800 chains that BRP redesigned in 2008 took care of the 06&07 chain that overstretched.

That $250 tool scares me tho. What is it? All I know of is 2 tools ...the bolt to index your crankshaft to install and time the first cylinder, then you turn crank to the timing mark (with crankshaft sensor removed) for second cylinder cam timing....the second tool is simply a fancy indexer to locate the cam correctly, but is not needed. When your crank is Indexed for a cylinder, that corresponding cam sprocket indexing line will be parallel with the valve cover mating surface.

IMO, the $250 timing tool is actually a $.50 bolt with the tip ground down to index your first cylinder.....I think I have posted a pic on here of some tools I use, both I mentioned are in it I believe

sent by a twin turboed RAZR

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tool is something specific for the 1000 only. Thebom will loan me the tool for 232 and refund it all once i ship it back. I cant even find a pic of the the tool. But thebom has different cams for the 800 and 1000 unlike mrrpm. 800 cams will work in a 1000 as long as you have the 800 sprocket. Im eventually goin to get the hc pistons and maverick heads as well. But thebom claims the 1000 sprocket is better then the 800 set up. So i dont know

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
The tool is something specific for the 1000 only. Thebom will loan me the tool for 232 and refund it all once i ship it back. I cant even find a pic of the the tool. But thebom has different cams for the 800 and 1000 unlike mrrpm. 800 cams will work in a 1000 as long as you have the 800 sprocket. Im eventually goin to get the hc pistons and maverick heads as well. But thebom claims the 1000 sprocket is better then the 800 set up. So i dont know
Thanx for the info....please post a tool pic when your able so I can learn along with you.....keep us updated.

sent by a twin turboed RAZR

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got a lil done but not much. It was a lazy weekend.
Stock is on left

Had to swith the plastic covers so it would be a direct plug in

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dual runners instead of a y. It's a 57mm Audi a4 tn bored to a 60mm. It runs great but I need /// to raise my shift out a few hundred rpms. Bout it has a lot more coming out the hole now

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Everything still working good. Got my clutch weights from ///. Just need to install them to raise my shift out to get max gains. I'm debating on a 30shot. Now

1 - 20 of 28 Posts