Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bought a battery box from them for the PC 925 battery.

IT WAS NOT like the picture in the ad NOR the picture in the instructions.

IT ONLY clamps on one side of the battery - the other just FLOPS around however it wants . Ridiculous .

I called them NICLY-- thinking it was a mistake, either it didnt get finished or some prototype first design, shipped to me by mistake.

NO SUCH LUCK>> they said it was correct, and is designed to let the battery flop on one side. thats total BS , and will cause battery failure or wear the casing out .

THEY REFUSED to refund my money. without a 20% restocking fee and me paying all shipping .

I paid through paypal, So They said I would have to File a claim AND FIGHT THEM OVER IT !!!

WOW , ALL over a 80$ battery box that , they show you a picture of one ----- and then SHIP YOU ANOTHER !!!

Had sent 2 emails/PMs prior to calling them , With NO RESPONSE !!!

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Pics please as I am looking to buy that box too. I will say that my wife bought their roof for my Commander and the chincy mounting clamps sucked. When I ask for something better that would actually hold it on in a rollover the responce was thats whats we supply! So I ended up using 1 1/2" Ridgid conduit clamps on it. Arrogance at it's finest!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ody, I dont know how, but i sent them to my buddy via cell phone, and he is going to post them on the other forum we all surf .

Also sent to ODY now !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the ( .org )one .

I never really like to say another forums name in somebody elses yard . :)

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
the ( .org )one .

I never really like to say another forums name in somebody elses yard . :)
Then maybe you should go back to that site and whine about the product...seems like you don't want to post info on this site (4 post)Negative... and think someone should go to another site.:)

Again thanks for the info..

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
and he is going to post them on the other forum we all surf .
I correspond with Oldguy on multipal sites I can tell you guys he is not trying to recruit anyone for another site. He's just an unhappy Customor trying to let others know about a vender no more no less.
Thanks Steve..it's just he has not posted here and he also said other forum...

I'm glad he put the info out there...hopefully he will get it resolved..always 2 sides to every story...and we just heard his side...:)

hopefully he will come over here and give us good news that it was resolved...:)

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Sorry to hear about EMP. I was surprised about some comments EMP has posted on the other forums and I even said maybe they should stay off the forums.

BLR, OLDGUY is a good honest guy, and I really think he was just letting us know of the issue so we don't run into the same problem.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Sorry to hear about EMP. I was surprised about some comments EMP has posted on the other forums and I even said maybe they should stay off the forums.

BLR, OLDGUY is a good honest guy, and I really think he was just letting us know of the issue so we don't run into the same problem.
I totally understand...would like to hear both sides of the story.
I guess the problem that I have is someone who only has only 1 post comes and starts a negative thread without said business being a able to defend themselves
I have looked at the thread out of curiosity...
Maybe the product was different from video, looks like they sent a better design, not sure..maybe they should of taking back the original and sent him a flawed design....:)

have a Commander well sort of

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Then maybe you should go back to that site and whine about the product...seems like you don't want to post info on this site (4 post)Negative... and think someone should go to another site.:)

Again thanks for the info..
BLR, I SEE YOU on most other forums ALSO ( thanks for the smart remarks )

I ACTUALLY was being respectfull of this forum , BY NOT listing the name of another forum .

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
BLR, I SEE YOU on most other forums ALSO ( thanks for the smart remarks )

I ACTUALLY was being respectfull of this forum , BY NOT listing the name of another forum .
I totally see your point..it's just you have not posted here except once and then you come with negative remarks...I would like to hear both sides.

the only Commander forum that I run is this one, So I was totally at a lost as to where to look at your issue.. I at one time did run the other forum, but haven't really been on it for over a year...

Like I said I hope you get it resolved...but I would still like to hear the other side of the story...or as DP said call BBB

I am a business owner and the customer is not always right...so that is why I would like to see or hear both sides before passing judgement...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Don't sweat it OLDGUY and I appreciate you not linking to the other site :)

Just a thought, however, another option is to talk to the Better Business Bureau.

Whatever the end result is, I hope it is positive for all those involved!
Thank you Dieselpowered,

I dont even care about the small little 80 bucks,Its not worth anymore of my time.

It was a matter of principal that they advertize one design and send you another ,and say your stuck with it, or pay a restocking fee for their mistakes.

Some guys might be happy with whatever they decide to send. ( apparently like BLR )

But it wasnt the one i ordered- Nor the one they advertize, and i personal didnt like the design only holding one side of the battery .

I have now- cut and modified it in my machine shop ( where we actually take care of our customers ) to work as it should !

Most guys dont have this option, and should know what they are getting when they order this box .

No Whining --- Just the Facts!

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Well I do not know the whole story or what EMP has said or whatever, however, IMHO if you advertise a product and a customer expects the product he/she is receiving is what they saw online (regardless if it an "improved model) it could potentially cause problems.

Nonetheless, I hope it works out for you...for what it is worth, I have heard good things about EMP, but like everything else, sometimes things just happen.

As far as customer service is concerned, things do get messed up the most important part is how they are dealt with. :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks for the info OLDGUY, I don't surf the forums all the time but when I do, I usually look at a couple different ones and sometimes post on them as well. I think it's better to get as much info as possible. It's always good to hear the GOOD & BAD about products & services. It's usually bad that's posted on forums but none-the-less, I take the info givin, do my own research & make my opinion from there. Hopefully everyone else does the same. Being in the trade I'm in and reading the forums on my related trade makes me just shake my head. Alot of internet mechanics out there leading unknowing people in the wrong direction. So, please keep sharing all your positive & negative expierences.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts