Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had there x wheels balanced after they had a tire change, if so did your dealer do it?. my dealer said there machine couldnt do the x wheels
just had my new bajacross tire put on...st

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what do ya guys think about drilling that center cap out and putting the xt cap in there, that way they can b balanced?

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
what do ya guys think about drilling that center cap out and putting the xt cap in there, that way they can b balanced?
I looked at ours today .....looks like it would work to do it if all other options don't set well with you ....those balancing beads does sound like a great option too ...

sent by TapaTalk ...please excuse brevity

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the thing with the beeds is do they work at slow speeds, we ride alot at 25 or under....

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
the thing with the beeds is do they work at slow speeds, we ride alot at 25 or under....
Great question.....I don't know for sure, but I'll bet that whatever slow speeds they aren't effective at, is so slow that it wouldn't matter anyway.....if you email them with the commander's application criteria, let us know what they say pleaze

sent by TapaTalk ...please excuse brevity

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will do lance, i"ll let ya all know no matter what route i take. im still in the air with drilling the center cap out.. but maybe i should try the beds 1st, who knows. all i know is i rode it today and holysh...t did it suck, i wont b riding it again till its fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey fellas. Click on the link that LBR provided and read. There is some great info on there. Me and 2 of my buddies went in together and purchase a NoMar tire changer. So we change our dirtbike tires, our roadbike tires and even our car tires. I use the dyna beeds in all of the tires that need to be ballanced. I do not have them in my Commander. I haven't felt a need to. The beeds are reusable and I have not had any problems with them.

After doing some research on these beeds I have discovered that Semi tires have been using them for yrs. The tires are so big that they can't hang enough lead weight to balance.

Im not sure that the commander tires need to be balanced. I have often thought that a second set of street tires would be nice to have on the commander for yard work and hopping around the neighborhood. Those I might consider balanceing or useing dyna beeds. The stock tire are a little aggressive for the yard and street.

Just my opinion

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i put the balancing beeds in tuesday and only got to try it up the road, felt like it helped but still felt alittle wobel. maybe i need to try it farther/longer to let the tires form ( im thinking flat spots from sitting) who knows:(

by the way i put 3onces in each tire

1 - 12 of 12 Posts