Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of new belts that I want to put on and am having a heck of a time getting the CVT cover off. Is there a magical trick that people have learned to remove the bottom bolt without pulling the skid plate off completely?

My stock belt is completely pulverized into dust (more like a mouse nest) inside the cover and it blew so badly that it pushed all of the rubber seal out of the plastic cover except where the screws go through. Anyway ... if there is a trick someone can share to get the cover off "easily" and without removing the skid plate I'd appreciate it!

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Sorry sxs ....haven't had to pull ours yet ...rhinorehab had mouse _nested his ...he'll prolly chime in ...

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
53 Posts
same thing happened to me when my belt blew at 2000mi. anyway i just pull that section of the skid plate off, it takes an extra minute. also get yourself a 8mm ratchet wrench for the bottom it save so much time.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Sorry sxs ....haven't had to pull ours yet ...rhinorehab had mouse _nested his ...he'll prolly chime in ...

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys
I had to pull the small section of skid plate off. I ended up cutting some "access" holes in it to save some time... I'm a little belt-shy now and check it often.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts