Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If nothing else, I have learned that no matter how hard you plan out something, there is always a chance that it will all get wrecked!!!!
The wife and I had a great trip all planned out. We were heading to Albuquerque for the Balloon Festia first. Then up to Farmington for a motor home rally for a week. Then on to the best part of the trip, spend a week on the Piaute Trail breaking in our new 1000 XT. Well, it went like this. Arrived in Albuquerque on Tuesday. Rain, so no balloon launched. The next day, high wind warnings, so no balloons. third day high wind again and now I find my self sitting in a hospital bed here in Albuquerque. Had a bad gall bladder attack. So they have been running test on me for the last 24 hrs and will want to remove my gall bladder tomorrow or the next day. Which means I won't be able to even drive my motor home for about a week and will not be able to make the week at the Piaute trails. Man this sucks!!!

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I don't know what to say Jay...hope you get better soon..:)

But I'm one of those that always look at the bright side...it was meant to happen, maybe something worst would have happened...so that is how I try and get through some tough times :)...Barbara

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Ahhh, crap!! Not on vaca!....you get better quick and keep us in the loop here ....Lance

sent by TapaTalk ...please excuse brevity

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, everything has changed now. I had asked if the gall bladder needed to come out right away or could it wait till I got back home. when I started running fever yesterday, that pretty much answered that question, if it was infected enough to run fever, it needed to come out now. But they have been running all kinds of test, like all hospitals do, I think they try to see how many holes they can stick in you before you start to complain about it. The doctor comes in this morning and says that the gall bladder is not that bad and it can wait till I get home to have it removed. But the fever I'm running is being caused by the pneumonia that I have, now we weren't even talking about pneumonia!!! So they want to keep me here a couple more days to keep me on an antibiotic drip and then I should be able to leave with some antibiotic pills to keep it clearing up. So much better news, I think! At least I would have to have surgery here and wait to be able to drive. So at this point I'm not sure if we will need to head straight back home or maybe continue with some of our trip that was planned. I'm still hoping to at least do a few days on the paiute trail, but the wife give me that look every time I mention that, so I guess we will just have to see how it goes from here. I'm still not sure where the pneumonia came from, wasn't feeling that! But oh well, life always an adventure!! :dance:

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Hang in there ....get the fever done with and then play it by ear ...I can understand the wife's concern also.....did the doc give you any info as to it rupturing all of a sudden if you got bounced around while riding?...or is that even an issue with the gall bladder?

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Jay, I hope you get home and do it the way you want. It's like waiting another couple of weeks to open you presents.

Get well soon
Bryan

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The next chapter in the saga!! After MORE testing, they come into my room every morning at 5:00 AM (EVERY MORNING) and draw 4 tubes of blood, but it has to be from two different sites. So that two sticks per visit. Then they repeat The same procedure in the evening. Good thing I can longer remember how long I've been here. Now I have some type of bacteria net gram rod
E-Coli what ever that is, so they have been pumping bag after bag of antibiotic into me. It Was starting to clear up so they planned my gall bladder removal for yesterday. BUT before that could be done, someone found a gall stone blocking my duct from the stomach to the liver, so that needed to be removed first. That went in with scope and removed 10 stones. Then they actually took me in for my gall bladder removal this morning. I told them to get me out of here before they find any thing else.

I hope this appropriate matter tone posted here, if not, anyone, please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Wow ....not fun ...when you get out, you'll be as strong as the 6 million dollar man and hopefully not as costly....keep posting and we'll all know your Ok ...we'll get worried if you quit posting, that's for sure

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
It is a one stop shop. I would hope its like a high end car dealer where they give you a wash before you go home, and in your case a hair cut too because it will be a fairly long visit by the time you get out.

It is turning into something like going to the dentist, they just keep coming up with stuff.

Get well

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'M OUT OF THERE!!!!!! Left Albuquerque this morning. (Only left one gall bladder ands lot of blood) Got to Farmington, Parked at the Fairgrounds where the rally is in it's 2nd to last days. Picked up my soft doors from Mammoth Skins (haven"t had time to open yet, plus not enough energy to install now anyway) have my motor home plugged in and A/Cs on. Plan on staying here for a couple of days just to get some strenght back. Then we will take our time and make out way back to Wyoming. I will just have to replan a trip for later, have given up on this one. I have to say, there was a couple times during this one I wasn't real sure I was going to make it. From what I was told, they had a hard time getting me to breathe on my on after the surgery. But I survived to ride another day!!

Thanks for all ya'll thoughts and wishes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow.

Just found this thread. Glad that you are (almost) back to normal and heading home soon. There will always be other vacations.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'M OUT OF THERE!!!!!! Left Albuquerque this morning. (Only left one gall bladder ands lot of blood) Got to Farmington, Parked at the Fairgrounds where the rally is in it's 2nd to last days. Picked up my soft doors from Mammoth Skins (haven"t had time to open yet, plus not enough energy to install now anyway) have my motor home plugged in and A/Cs on. Plan on staying here for a couple of days just to get some strenght back. Then we will take our time and make out way back to Wyoming. I will just have to replan a trip for later, have given up on this one. I have to say, there was a couple times during this one I wasn't real sure I was going to make it. From what I was told, they had a hard time getting me to breathe on my on after the surgery. But I survived to ride another day!!

Thanks for all ya'll thoughts and wishes.
Congrats and good luck...rehab well and hit the trail as soon as you can...see ya there!:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts