Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well last night i finished installing a 3" bilage blower in the engine compartment. the only thing that sucks is i had to reduce it to 1 1/2 to fit the hose. i think i could go with a bigger hose, but didnt feel like driving back and forth to the home depot. anyway i ran the hose to a y and vented the driver & passenger side with a 3" round vent. i havent rode it yet but let it warm up for a couple minutes & it was blowing good heat. should b good for the winter or for the ppl who want to get rid of the engine compartment heat, either way it works....st

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
well last night i finished installing a 3" bilage blower in the engine compartment. the only thing that sucks is i had to reduce it to 1 1/2 to fit the hose. i think i could go with a bigger hose, but didnt feel like driving back and forth to the home depot. anyway i ran the hose to a y and vented the driver & passenger side with a 3" round vent. i havent rode it yet but let it warm up for a couple minutes & it was blowing good heat. should b good for the winter or for the ppl who want to get rid of the engine compartment heat, either way it works....st
If you were like me after you had that blower in hand, all kinds of ideas to use it for race thru your head ...it is an awesome way to vent heat under the engine cover....the real only limitations you have is the ductwork to do whatever the chore is....

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep, its all about the ducting. you just cant use 3" ducting, i think maybe 2 1/2 but i just got 1 1/2. i'll proly buy some bigger hose and when i have the commander apart again i'll try it. also, the bigger hose i tried to find but the only thing i could find anywhere was shop vac hose and that was 2 1/2 or 2 7/8 1 or the other i dont remember. the shop vac hose was like 20$ for 7' not to bad....st

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
yep, its all about the ducting. you just cant use 3" ducting, i think maybe 2 1/2 but i just got 1 1/2. i'll proly buy some bigger hose and when i have the commander apart again i'll try it. also, the bigger hose i tried to find but the only thing i could find anywhere was shop vac hose and that was 2 1/2 or 2 7/8 1 or the other i dont remember. the shop vac hose was like 20$ for 7' not to bad....st
I have a clever way to reduce from the blower 3" down to that 2" automotive air inlet hose available about anwhere if you need 2" hose anytime ...that adapter was the missing piece of my puzzle until the light above my head came on ...lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a clever way to reduce from the blower 3" down to that 2" automotive air inlet hose available about anwhere if you need 2" hose anytime ...that adapter was the missing piece of my puzzle until the light above my head came on ...lol

o do tell do tell

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lance, a couple years ago i flew out to oregan. we drove down the coast & we had lunch at this cool car burger joint. i think it was called hot rod bliss. we got to eat in the hot rod car they have inside. just wondering if u no of this place?
also we kept driving down the cost, we were gonna go to the red wood forest but found out it was a long way. so we turned around in florence & drove north to washougal wa. we were out there for the national motocross race.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
lance, a couple years ago i flew out to oregan. we drove down the coast & we had lunch at this cool car burger joint. i think it was called hot rod bliss. we got to eat in the hot rod car they have inside. just wondering if u no of this place?
also we kept driving down the cost, we were gonna go to the red wood forest but found out it was a long way. so we turned around in florence & drove north to washougal wa. we were out there for the national motocross race.
Cool! ...Welcome to Florence!....that is Bliss' Hot Rod Grill here in town ....was pretty cool, no? .....I'll take a picture of it and throw up here for you to reminisce on ...hehe ....along with that 2x3 adapter .....it was neat that you passed thru our community ....about what year?

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Wow ..just checked your profile ....all the way from NE Pa .....for a bike race? .....awesome

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Well ..looks like my latest version of TapaTalk is bugged ....I can't even post a picture like before the update....I'm whining!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it was 2008 and what a time, it is so beutiful out there. i never got to c snow capped mountains b4 i was there. we just winged it flew into portland had a rental car and just drove. we hiked up mt ranier to 8000ft in shorts & sneakers in the snow and 75 degrees wtf... it was awesome. i had to get food (a power bar) from a stranger up that high, i wasnt prepared and got real weak.
i got some pics of us at that grill, how far r u from that place?

Reactions: Hunting721

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
We pass it every day here in town going to work ....thanx for the hiking story...Brrrrrr!

sent by TapaTalk ...please excuse brevity

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine locks up when typing more than two lines

If I'm posting, its because I'm on the side of the trail waiting for you slow pokes to catch up...... ROFLMAO

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Mine locks up when typing more than two lines

If I'm posting, its because I'm on the side of the trail waiting for you slow pokes to catch up...... ROFLMAO
Haha...yeah....sure it wouldn't be a wardrobe malfunction? ...hehe......

If anyone has problems with TapaTalk....uninstall, then reinstalled worked for me ....after you paid for it once, you won't be billed for it again

·
Registered
22 Posts
Haha...yeah....sure it wouldn't be a wardrobe malfunction? ...hehe......

If anyone has problems with TapaTalk....uninstall, then reinstalled worked for me ....after you paid for it once, you won't be billed for it again

just wondering how well this bilge blower worked for heating the cab? Any comments?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the blower seems to work really well, u defenitly fell it and it keeps my legs warm to. its also nice to warm up the hands.

·
Registered
3 Posts
any pics?

Hey guys,
Any pics on the bilge blower setup? My blower came in this week. I bought a bunch of styrene fittings along with a Rigid (Homedepot) 2" shopvac hose and a a shopvac hose adapter kit which has a bunch of adapters. Plan is to get a couple of growlers of beer, open up the X and experiement. I got the blower stepped down to 2" np, but am hoping to do it after a 3" T so I can run two lines/vents to both sides of the cab. Again, any pics would be a help.

I'm in Central WA, and the hill across from me is in Canada, so Commander heat is not an issue . . getting some of it to my body is ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts