Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the blingstar suicide slam latch doors? After recieving them Im concerned I wont be able to keep my rock sliders or door nets. Also, I was curious what and how hard it is to trim out the floor board piece. If anyone has any comments, suggestions or remember the best practices to install this item I would greatly appreciate some guidance...

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Gary78....

use the search feature here and enter 'blingstar' in the box. I found 11 other threads besides your 2 that popped up. You may get your answer out of 3-4 of them :)

sent by a twin turboed RAZR

·
Registered
149 Posts
Its been a couple years since installing my doors but you will be able to keep your rock sliders. The slam latch bolts up in the area where the latch for the nets go. I never liked the nets thats why I got doors so I don't know for sure if you can keep the nets. If not, you could possibly fabricate a way to connect them to the doors. Triming the kick panel is easy, but the overall door install is time consuming, plan on a good part of your day to install them. It's worth it thou, love my doors.

Has anyone installed the blingstar suicide slam latch doors? After recieving them Im concerned I wont be able to keep my rock sliders or door nets. Also, I was curious what and how hard it is to trim out the floor board piece. If anyone has any comments, suggestions or remember the best practices to install this item I would greatly appreciate some guidance...

·
Registered
188 Posts
jhquad, do you have rock sliders on your commander? If you do, do the Blingstar doors stick out to the side farther than the rock sliders?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the factory X rock sliders. Doors are almost flush to the body all the way around the door opening & and bow out at the top to give you more room in the cabin. Pretty sure they don't stick out further than the sliders up top & defeniately not at the bottom.. I've done alot of rock crawling & trail riding & never hit the doors with anything other than tree branches.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just wanted to give a heads up that my blingstar doors was a much, much bigger job than I anticipated.
I like the look but after install I'm very skeptical of practical use. They are definitely wider than my machine and the rear quarter panel does not work well with lowering the tail-gate; it has some over hang. Also, doesnt have the best look around gas cap.
We shall see how the durability is once we hit trail next weekend; I feel like its going to get pretty beat up; I hope that the latch and the door jam post that is used holds up; it doesnt seem very sturdy for a door that is bound to take some hits on a trail... First opinion is these doors may be better used for riders out west not so much for wood/trail riders in Southeast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts