Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ridden in this area? It is east of Cottage Grove about 20 miles. There is a "breakfast on the mountain" on July 22. thats what it says on the Bohemia days calendar. Just wondering if anyone has been out there and what the trails were like.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
A few of our sand club members have gone to Morrow County last couple years in the Fall...we talked Saturday at the sprint boat races to try somewhere else this year ...let's look into it for SxS usability, OK?

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far this is all I have found. Noonday Trail - Oregon Motorcycle and ATV Trails
I have only talked to one person that knew anything about it. He said last year there were about 30 quads and only saw one SxS. He did say it was fun, Lots to see and the trails were big? And that you have to park at the bottom of the mountain on the side of the road. Next time I go to the shop CG Yamaha, I'll ask about it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sooooo. We decided to go up and see for ourselves, All the way to the end of Row River Rd.(and then some) There are some primitive camp grounds along the way and a few near the end. Most were next to the river. When we got to the unloading area it was drizzling and wet. About 3/4 way up the mountain we rose above the clouds and into the sun. That was very cool. The main trails are dirt / gravel roads. Plenty of room and wow, some beautiful scenery. There are countless miles of roads through an old mining area and mountains. We found a couple old buildings and some closed mines. We were told there are some active mines still going, which we couldnt get to. At the top there was of course a lot of people for the breakfast. Looked like 100 trucks Jeeps and SUVs and a few cars. About 30-40 ATVs and I counted Six SxSs. 5 Rhinos and a Mule. There is a Fire watch tower. What a view. We could see the three sisters, on a clear day you can see Mt. Shasta. Over all It was a fun day cruising in the mountains and exploring. We spent about 5 1/2 hours driving around and Im sure we barely touched on it. I did meet a guy that says he rides from that area (at the bottom) to Crescent Lake, Diamond Lake, and some others I cant remember. He said the best map for the area is called "Indigo" from Bi-Mart. He also said other than the day of the breakfast you usually wouldnt see hardly anyone else up there. We are looking forward to going back soon and doing some exploring.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Wow....keep us in mind for more info on this please....maybe we could hook up a gang of SxS/quads and have a great weekend just 60 miles from our Florence doorstep

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I was up in that area back in the 70's in a VW bug...end up in a flash flood...had a huge thunder boomer go over us...
souynds like we need to make a trek to the east about 60miles..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts