Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On July 21 there is an event called breakfast on the mountain. It is part of the Bohemia mining days in Cottage Grove. On the 21 you can ride up to the top of the mountain and get a breakfast served by the miners group. Not sure of the cost 5-10? It is an easy very scenic drive / ride river, streams, creaks, waterfalls and trees. There is also a fire watch tower at the top that is usually open that day. You can ride down to whats left of the old town, a building, and some other remnants and a closed mine. Although two weeks ago I rode up there and met a couple guys climbing up from the creak that showed me some gold they panned.... wait small gold flecks in some black dirt. but cool never the less. Anyway there are lots of side roads and the noonday trail. The noonday trail is the old wagon trail. I hear its not easy. I have yet to try it as I seem to ride alone up there. Prepare for all weather. I have been hot in town and in the cool fog up there. Or rain in town and ridden above it. you never know. Either way it can be a pretty good day of riding and exploring for the whole family. And a good chance to make sure your machine is in top shape before Dunefest. Trail starts about 25 miles from I-5. Head east off the exit go till the end. Most people park on the side of the road. Hope to see more SXS up there this year.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts