Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just putting out some general feelings about my first experience with BRP. My 1000 XT-P with "Turf Diff" was made in Canada not at the Mexico plant. My owners manual CLEARLY states on page 44 that this machine comes with 1 gray and 2 Black keys. After contacting BRP, which is a story for another time, I was told that I was incorrect. Seems like BRP is willing to piss off new consumers and quell any new relationships or loyalty over a trivial thing that is promised to the consumer. Is BRP really that hard headed and petty? If so this will likely be my last product from them. Again just my feelings about the BRP/ Consumer attitude thing. Having worked in Customer service this is not a winning formula especially if you wish to compete with the ASIAN market.Just my humble opinions.
:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I have nothing but high praises for BRP.. I have a 2011 Commander. ..waited 6 months for it. .bought it without evening knowing what it looked like..so should say site unseen..have over 4500 miles of not so kind driving..I did bend a tie rod...of my own doing...hit a tree..added holtz tie rods & wicked built steering at that time...every machine no matter what make will have some issue...
I would love to add a Maverick to our stable..but it will have to wait for a bit..

Drive it like you stole it ....gotta love life

·
Registered
58 Posts
My 13 Commander XT only had one key so my dealer programmed 2 more for me at no charge. I have the greatest 2 dealers anyone could have. One is my BRP/ Polaris dealer in Fort Kent ,Maine(Fort Kent Powersports) and my Yamaha dealer in Caribou, Maine( Gary's Yamaha) . This is something your dealer should resolve for you. After spending maybe 12,000 to 15,000 dollars I would think your dealer could take care of this. They can program keys in about 10 seconds. BRP is #1 in snowmobile sales by a wide margin, #1 in Personal Watercraft sales by a wide margin and have steadily cut into Polaris's lead in SXS and Atvs . Sometimes success causes complacency and companies take there customers for granted. I hope this is not a trend. We have many years , miles and hours of fun with your products. Come on BRP you are better than this

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Preacher for the info. All dealers are not created the same. just like manufacturers they must be held accountable as well.Sounds like your dealers are,at least, trying to do the right things to retain you as a consumer. How much can a key and programming cost in the long run ? I have programmed a key or two in my day. Now my attention will also focus on this 10 hour inspection rip off! If Can Am is not that confident in their product how about a courtesy check up ? Don't mind paying for materials ( even at dealer inflated pricing ) but to pay $500-600 or more for $35 worth of product is..well unacceptable at least to this consumer. Basically it is a valve adjustment with a engine and gearbox oil change. ! Frustrated as hell so far. Stay tuned. Good riding ahead for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts