Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there fellas, my name is Nick and I'm new to this forum. I came across this site looking for some answers on how to install the factory three piece bumper on my new 2014 Commander XT 1000. The instrustions dont tell me anyting about moving some wiring that goes to my tail lights and I don't want to start tampering with things if I dont need to. If anyone has installed one of these, could you pass on some tips or pics? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
-Nick

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Hi Nick...to my knowledge, all of the peeps that have done a BRP rear bumper have not mentioned anything about wiring issues and what they had to do. The only thing that sticks in my mind was how it just bolted to the plastics....many were not happy with the structural mounting of it, but that was some time back, so maybe yours is a newer style that mounts different and better? Can you still use the lower compartment and dump the bed with the unit you have?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finally got it installed. The directions aren't very clear and I did have to reroute my tail light wiring as the bumper has to fasten to the frame where the wires pass through. The rear compartment is still accessible although I'm not overly thrilled that part of the bumper is bolted to the compartment door.. Thank you for your input LBR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts