Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the correct hrs. to do a second oil change, dealer says 25 hrs. after first oil change then every 50 hrs. the manual says oil change every year or 100 hrs. can anyone give me some advice. Also will a fan installation in the cvt vent system help that much on keeping belt from over heating ?

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
What is the correct hrs. to do a second oil change, dealer says 25 hrs. after first oil change then every 50 hrs. the manual says oil change every year or 100 hrs. can anyone give me some advice. Also will a fan installation in the cvt vent system help that much on keeping belt from over heating ?
I dropped the factory oil and drained the filter before the wife's very first ride (commander is hers). Put in regular Dino oil and ran it 26 miles duneing, then changed to a blend for next 2 quick changes (can't remember the hrs, but was a lot less than specified), then have been on full synthetic ever since..... you want to get that engine bearing and cylinder particles out of the engine during break in.

sent by a twin turboed RAZR

1 - 2 of 2 Posts