Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought 2011 can am commander xt on 3-12-11. took 1st ride on 3-14-11. after just 4.0 hours/50 miles it broke down on the trails. had to pay to have it trailored out of the woods(Per BRP warranty)(do not have big enough trailor yet) i took it directly to dealership and was told that a bolt backed out in the clutch. was advised on 3-16-11 that the parts were on back order. was then advised that parts were back ordered again and wont be sent until may 9, 2011. i am pissed. i bought this brand new with most accessories($18000.00) i was advised by the dealer to call BRP customer service and speak with a supervisor. on 3-22-11 i called and was told that all supervisors were busy and that they would call me ASAP. no call back. called on 3-24-11 was told same thing. called again on 3-25-11 and requested to speak with a supervisor. was told by the same lady(melody) from previous calls that i could not speak with a supervisor and they would call when they are ready. this really pissed me off. they have not called back. has anyone had this type of bad experience with BRP? i feel like just because i already paid for the machine, they have no need to provide customer service. this was a brand new machine(never drove it over 25-30 mph in low gear) and it breaks down immediately. i think i at least deserve a phone return call. i really liked the commander, but if this is how BRP operates, i dont want the machine. what are the odds of BRP making this problem right or at least returning my calls. i spent alot of money getting out of the woods. i do not want to have to wait till after may 9, 2011 for a brand new machine to get fixed. anyone have direction to go in, or have experienced a similar problem with BRP's customer service? looking for advise. thanks, jlabow

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
That completely sucks! I think I would go and have the DEALER get a supervisor on the phone... And all the stuff Ricefarmer said.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you think i will ever get to speak with a supervisor? have you heard the same complaints from other people. this whole can am/BRP experience has been terrible(except for the sales/dealership). they have been constantly calling BRP. i dont think the company really gives a shit about customer service, so they will not return calls or attempt to make the experience right. thanks, jlabow

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would personally due exactly what ricefarmer said. Then next I would call them with a inline phone recorder and let whoever answers (maybe melody) know that the call is being recorded and discuss your issue and or ask for a supervisor. If you don't get thru then let them know that the next phone call coming from your way will be a lawyer!! If you still don't hear anything then go to a lawyer and have them write a letter to BRP and I am sure they will jump out of there seat for ya. :)

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Jalbow, sorry to hear what you have had to deal with after spending all the money. I had much better luck with the rearend going out and having back in about 10 days.

I would think BRP would step it up but sounds like they only staffing a customer service department with one part time employee.

I would put the some pressure on the dealer, they have there contacts. One other thing is you should have them extend your warranty at least 6 months, I think the dealer could at least get you that if not bring you up to the full 3 year warranty.

Not that it is the dealers fault but where are you having it fixed so if any of us deal with them we could also put the pressure on by asking about it when we are there.

Best of luck and mybe someone on here can take you out with our Commanders so you can as least get out riding from time to time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would think that if they were a good dealership, they would pull the part or parts off of a new machine on the floor. If they have have one sitting there??? I do that alot with the stuff we sell. BRP isnt the only company that does this. A few yrs ago one of our poo atv had the rear diff go out, and also had to replace the coupler that connects the diff to the trans and that was on back order all summer. Finally we got sick of waiting, and my dad saw that they were building that machine on the assy line and grabbed one off the line.
So its not only BRP that has backordered parts. Yeah its suck to have to wait but its how it goes sometimes. Best of luck to you though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
parts

What part or parts do you need? I have a few things if i could help that i have taken off or changed on mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the parts that are back ordered are: heat protection mat(part#420975050) and the outer half assembly(part#420280178). thanks, jlabow

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I would find out from your dealership who there Rep is for BRP..Have your dealership along with yourself have a confernce call with Rep...see if the Rep will help out and if not then have a certified letter sent to BRP with all the documentation.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry to hear it. I would be pissed :timebomb:. I would probably upgrade the clutch, get a new belt, patch the cover and demand :furious: new parts from BRP which should be a cover with heat mat and a new belt.

Then you could keep the pieces as spares and your machine would run better:).

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would talk with the dealer and have them talk to their rep. There is always an escalation path to get answers. It is just how hard the dealer is going to push it for you.

I would talk with the owner of the dealership and ask them what they can do to help. From my experience brp doesnt deal very well with customers directly. But I have had no issues with my dealer going to bat for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BRP customer service

well i did what you guys suggested! called BRP everyday (20 days) until they let me speak with a manager. the guys name was rammi. very helpful and had my parts at the dealership in 2 days. they also extended my warranty and gave me money for my loss. i spent it on 1/2 windshield, rain gear, helmet, and 1st service. it was a pain in the ass, but i was extremely persistant and it worked. i was on a first name basis with the customer service reps by the time this was completely taken care of. rammi very easy to deal with and did what he said he would. thanks again for the help, JLABOW

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
One for Jlabow.

Glad to hear you will be back on the trail soon.

One thought, now that you have a contact, I would check your Rear Differential number and if you do have "Old Rear Diff Assy S/N 705501391" You should ask that they replace it before it comes apart.

Happy to hear you got them to take care of things.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am also dealing with BRP customer service and am not very happy with them. I have had three major breaks with 590km on my 1000x. Belt blew at 366km and busted the side cover, was charged almost $400.00. Took it to a nearby dealer, not where I bought it and BRP covered the belt but not labour or any other parts. BRP claimed it was how I drove it. Will not return to this dealer. Funny thing the RZR's and Teyrex drove the same trail with no problems that day. Rear diff went at 530km, found out from this site that there is a problem with some of their diffs. Took it back to dealer where I bought it and they did cover this, they aren't recalling them yet because some of these diffs seem to be holding up. If they go they will replace them but haven't issued a recall. Belt blew again at 590km, again RZR and Teyrex were able to finish the day. Belt took out the cover again, back to the dealer where I bought it two hours away. They noticed some springs were missing in the clutches but BRP will not cover the belt or cover, again saying its how I drove it. They will cover the missing springs and some labour, they still want $600 because I have to pay for the belt this time. This dealership has told me they feel it should be covered they feel it may have come off the line missing these springs that there was definately a problem with the clutches but BRP is refusing. After $18 000 plus $3 000 for the winch, roof, windshield and back screen you would think they could stand behind their product. I get the run around everytime I call them and they are not always too pleasant to talk to. Now after the dealership spent yesterday talking to them the dealer told me to try and speak with them because they couldn't get BRP to cover it. Talked to BRP today and they say they need to talk to the dealer again. It is always a run around. I am giving them until the middle of next week before I contact the Better Business Bureau to see how I should proceed. The dealer seems to be trying but BRP themselves are not very impressive. Regret not buying the RZR.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Scott have the dealer get ahold of their sales rep..or if they not willing to do it ask them for the name of the sales rep...I believe he is the one that can pull some strings...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts