Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on can-am! Give us a teaser if you have a pure sport sxs coming out! I am very close to pullin the trigger on a new wild cat, but would luv to see or hear about anything you might have coming out!!!:frantic:

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
All Can-Am said when they were do some test driving at our dunes was...I would not be disappointed ...
LBR may end up with a slightly used X
and I maybe getting a new Can- Am..Sport for his Birthday Sept. 22 that's the day they will release it..

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Thanks, I have been doing a lot of waiting for the Commander, but riding my Dirt bike (CRF 450R) in the mean time.

I am just starting to get back into the spirit of the SxS. Should be picking it up end of this week so if all goes well I will have some picks and reviews in about a week.

:wavespin::frantic::spin::yeah::showoff::dance::frantic::wavespin::spin::bounce::wavespin:

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
That would be my guess and to use the Commanders current setup 100%, which would include the throttle-by-wire...if they should decide to change up the throttle and ecu a bit, it will probably be for the better IMO...and like you, very interested to see what happens.

·
Registered
34 Posts
sept 14 at 6pm in costa mesa,ca they will sneak peek there new sport model, may or may not be a 4 seater, if no 4 seater, it will follow 6 months later on same platform

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Sitting on pins and needles here in Oregon waiting... lol

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Maybe it only went out to some VIP Commander owners (as the letter said) in So Cal, but BRP sent me and others I have heard in the area with Commanders two free tickets to the Now called "Sand Sports Super Show" in Orange County, California.

In the letter with two free tickets (General Admission one day / Adults) Can-Am says we will get a free gift at the booth with this letter and anyone can enter to win the NEW SxS at the booth.

It says the Unveiling of there NEW SxS's (yes with a "s") will be September 14th @ 6:00pm at the Sand Sports Super Show in the Can-Am Booth.

September 14, 15, and 16
Sand Sports Super Show
Can-Am Booth

OC Fair & Event Center
88 Fair Drive
Costa Mesa, CA

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats what ive been waiting for! I was set to go and pick up a wildcat last weekend. But got word abt this. I will hold off now till its released. Im hopin the price is at or lower than the wildcat!?

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
my prediction based on sources, 1500 cc engine, 25,000 tag price and a 4 seater. - total domination in the sxs world... now lets see if im right (sure wishing iam:running:)lol
Haha....sounds awesome, but please don't click to buy it from that EBay dealer quite yet.

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Is it going to be released today??? I'm chomping at the bit wondering if it is going to be an XP killer.
6 pm PDT today. Word on the street is it will surpass the XP, and doesn't have quite the suspension travel of the Wildcat....however, Polaris has another "something" waiting in the wings, so you can get excited about the future of these companies!...Remember when the Commander appeared, the XP was a few months later with close to identical rear suspension, more power etc?...Who's to say that a few months after this 'Killer' Maverick appears that it gets trampled again?

My opinion of BRP is there's alot more Rotax power on tap with overnight software updates, that if the chassis could handle it, the power is already bottled up inside our ECUs waiting to be let out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
LBR,
How soon do you think you will have info? Say 6:01? Are you going for the release? If so we need pictures!! My girlfriend is getting ready to hate me... well at least as soon as I can get my hands on a Maverick. Keep us in loop. Thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts