Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this is what i came up with after not wanting to spend a grand and got a great loud sound. perfect sound quality, loud and didnt cost me one penny and will hook right up to our little mp3 player we have coming. video explains how i did it. and how it fit nice and sub woofer to. bottom line altec lansing is badass. 2 min to hook up:rofl:

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
The video raises more questions than answers! I see no speakers or amp. I hear 80's rock. Loud and clear! What am I missing here?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok heres what i did. i have a set of altec lansing sweet speakers with a sub woofer. computer speakers. they are thin with a bubble at the bottom of them. put a speaker one way and the 2nd speaker the other way in the center cup holder. they fit in perfect and tight. and put sub on passenger floor. still plenty of leg room. great loud sound til around 50mph. but whos gonna do 50 on trails? not me. 15 to 25. im in no hurry on vacation. plus i have a windshield which takes wind noise away. sound drowned out at 50 with windshield off. I am ready for the next trip to MI U.P in sept. And i did this because i couldnt justify dropping a grand on a radio for something i dont drive everyday. I will post some pics.lol. took 2 min to hook up. and used a inverter in the 12v outlet so i could plug the speakers in. that was half volume. Never know this idea may catch on but ya need powerful great sounding loud puter speakers.lol. just cant use it if it rains. no biggie

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh and yes the laptop was running the speakers yesterday but wife bought a new little mp3 player with also am fm radio and speakers plug into that. so all set.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i'v bin useing the laptop speaker deal for about 3months now. i have the black tube altec that i have velcroed to the top of the roll bar. i cut the wires and run them from my little 20$ riobi radio i have mounted between the seats. i also power that cordless radio from the commander, so theres no battery to worry about. i now have those speakers facing the back for just the radio. i have a lanzing speaker system now that plays just my ipod, and those speakers face forward.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'v bin useing the laptop speaker deal for about 3months now. i have the black tube altec that i have velcroed to the top of the roll bar. i cut the wires and run them from my little 20$ riobi radio i have mounted between the seats. i also power that cordless radio from the commander, so theres no battery to worry about. i now have those speakers facing the back for just the radio. i have a lanzing speaker system now that plays just my ipod, and those speakers face forward.
awesome. well see im not the first that could find bad azz sound without dropping a grand. good deal. altec rocks for sure. we now have our mp3 player so were all set. and the mp3 player even has graphic eq custom adjust.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got some pics it the speakers?
i posted a pic under can am radio update 2 or something like that on here. same forum. sub is on pass floor. to dark didnt come out but the altec mains pic is up in that thread. they fit perfect in the cupholder.

·
Registered
53 Posts
if you click on my name or avatar you can go to a bigger full sceen size pic of my avatar, and you can see mine on the roll bar.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts