Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to purchase the Can-Am side nerf bars for $200 and am curious if others think they are worth that price or if you'd spend the $200 and build your own? I'm not a fan of drilling holes in the side plastics to be completely honest but after looking at it some, I'm not sure I can build anything different that wouldn't require holes anyway. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was hoping Ody would chime in on this one to give me his two cents after having bumped his nerfs out a bit.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Sounds like a good price, and even if you buy them only to modify them like Ody's that would be easier than starting scratch. I might have to do the same thing some day.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Mine came on the "X" so I used what I had and extended them out to get them away from the body and to accomadate the 2" wheel spacers. If I had the "XT" I would probaly make my own out of 1 1/2" .095" wall DOM tubing. The factory bars are on the light duty side and will not hold up well. When they are toast I will be making a new set.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys ... guess its off to autocad to deign some and run some tests on them :) Does anyone have thoughts on how to mount these without drilling holes in the plastic? I have been thinking long and hard about running a rail down underneath from front to back and through the box channel in the rear to tie it from side to side, but I'm not sure if I can make it happen

·
Registered
88 Posts
I personally do not like that the OEM bars mount to the side of the square tube frame. I will also be redesigning the way they mount and look into something similar to your thoughts. Tiein the two side rails together adds quite a bit of strength to the frame
When you make a set please let me know. I would easily pay 300 for a good set. I will not be using wheel spacers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed the factory ones on mine and to make it easier I heated a punch and ran it thru from the backside so the hole was piolet hole was perfect, made it much nicer to get a clean tight fit when you use the hole saw. keep in mind anything lower is just gonna hang you up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts