Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an idea to put a hard tonneau cover on the back of the Commander. Has anyone heard of such a thing?
My ride is up north could, anyone take a picture, top down of the box with some ruff dimensions please:)
My idea is to have it fold in the middle side to side so it can be opened from the front or the rear.
Something like this truck lid.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Don't think I've see one available for our Commanders.... if it did hinge in the center, given such a short bed, do you think the roll cage may interfere with the front half opening up and make it kinda rough to pack stuff in and out with the cage in the way on both sides? I'm not so sure it would be quite as handy as compared to a full sized, open truck bed similar to that picture ???...and if one should ever need the height where the hinge is, would it be easily adjustable to pivot at just the front? May be a custom one-off design to fit your own needs will be in order...dunno....

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I had in mind. A outer frame with hinge in the middle and then also complete lift at the rear.
That is why I was asking for a top looking down pic of the box. It may stop my thinking about it if the roll cage intrudes to much
into the front of the box.
I have a Lund soft top on my truck. It has velcro down the rails of the box. That would be my next route.
I don't like the looks of the bunge cord tarp hanging over the sides look of the ones that are available.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found this one at JC Whitney but not for the Commander.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Blingstar makes one but its very expensive.

·
Registered
188 Posts
What would be good is a hard cover that opens from the rear with some lift assists but has a section in the front that can slide back so you can grab something from inside the cab that is under the cover, like your jacket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts