Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 commander and less than a year old the charging system stop charging. I took it to the dealership and they fixed everything under warranty. They replaced the battery, rectifier, and stator. All was good. This past weekend (almost two years later) my check engine light came on. After I got it back home and started to look into things, the charging system is not working again. The commander is not even 3 years old yet. It only has 1500 miles on it. It has about 170 hours on it. I was told from dealership ( the first time it was bad) that it is very odd that the charging system failed. I no longer have a warranty and the tests I preformed are telling me that the stator is bad again. Is this a common problem or is something else wrong here. Any help is appreciated.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Usually one doesn't hear of the Rotax charging system having many problems, exactly what the dealership told you as well. If your troubleshooting points towards the stator, then that is the problem if not the obvious connectors of wires passing thru to the stator....make sure you secure the needed puller as it is mandatory for removal IMO

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts