Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body have Issues with mud clogging up the Radiator? The first two rides in Wellsville mine got gloged up. The second ride was bad enough to put me in Limp Home mode. One of the reasons I ask is if you look closly at the frame in the radiator area ther is a bracket welded on the bottom rail on each side facing up on an angle. There is also a pointed tab up high facing out on each side. As though there will be an accessary to block the Mud from entering from the sides. If so you would think it would have been standard.:unsure:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I know Can am sells a radiator protector. I don't know where it mounts. Could those tabs be for that?

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No that mounts on the front of the Radiator. Its just a bent piece of perforated metal with plastic molding on the sides for 65 bucks. It is really for sticks and will do very little for mud. The tabs i am refering to are on the sides for like maybe a rubber/plastic blankoff that can be easly removed from the top. The top tab is shaped like a rounded spade.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
74 Posts
No that mounts on the front of the Radiator. Its just a bent piece of perforated metal with plastic molding on the sides for 65 bucks. It is really for sticks and will do very little for mud. The tabs i am refering to are on the sides for like maybe a rubber/plastic blankoff that can be easly removed from the top. The top tab is shaped like a rounded spade.
Here is photos. Maybe what you are looking for? I went to a ride demo in Tx today, they will be doing also tomorrow. Three miles north of I-30 on state line road.
The first photo is new camo model.
The second is rad guard installed, this seems to be standard on new models.
The third is photo of photo of guard taken on hood of XT.
The fourth photo is without guard installed, notice one pin (stub) at the top and two at the bottom. The guards have three holes in each on either side of the machine, with grommets inserted.
The fifth photo should not be here, but it was incidentally uploaded, so I let it stay. It is a Honda with sprayer attached for use in ricefields.
If you wish will post photos!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey man. Ya, unfortunately if you ride in mud like I do....mud seems to get in the rad no matter what. The rad protectors definitely help! They seem to filter out a bit of the unwanted before it gets to the radiator finds. Make sure after every ride, you pressure wash the rad before it has time to completely harden in there. I try to do it as soon as I get home. Even with a garden hose for a quick job. You'll be surprised at how long you have to spray before the water running down comes out clear. Hope this helps a bit
Derek

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is photos. Maybe what you are looking for? I went to a ride demo in Tx today, they will be doing also tomorrow. Three miles north of I-30 on state line road.
The first photo is new camo model.
The second is rad guard installed, this seems to be standard on new models.
The third is photo of photo of guard taken on hood of XT.
The fourth photo is without guard installed, notice one pin (stub) at the top and two at the bottom. The guards have three holes in each on either side of the machine, with grommets inserted.
The fifth photo should not be here, but it was incidentally uploaded, so I let it stay. It is a Honda with sprayer attached for use in ricefields.
If you wish will post photos!
Yes, please post photos!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts