Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so for those of your who read my Thanksgiving thread about all the stuff that I broke, you would know I have a nasty clunk in my 840 Teryx Motor.

For all you motor guys/gals, if valves are out of adjustment would they make a nasty clunk or am I correct in assuming it is something deeper in the motor? Could the crack shaft be slapping? Bad bearing?

The odd thing is that the motor ran great just prior and then whoops I can out of gas. I get it started back up and there is that clunk. Any insight?

Thanks!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Ok so for those of your who read my Thanksgiving thread about all the stuff that I broke, you would know I have a nasty clunk in my 840 Teryx Motor.

For all you motor guys/gals, if valves are out of adjustment would they make a nasty clunk or am I correct in assuming it is something deeper in the motor? Could the crack shaft be slapping? Bad bearing?

The odd thing is that the motor ran great just prior and then whoops I can out of gas. I get it started back up and there is that clunk. Any insight?

Thanks!
When you say clunk, I am thinking of a single noise like when you put it in gear. Knocking makes more sense.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually that is a good point...a clunk does imply a single noise. This is a knock which gets faster as the RPMs increase. Does not appear to be the knock that you would get from a stretched belt, but more a knock down in the motor. As Odynuck indicated it may take the use of a scope to determine where it is coming from...just seems odd that it happened all of a sudden.

I will see if I can get a sound clip of it this weekend. It sounds like it is lower on the motor, however, that can be deceiving since sounds can resonate.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I would highly recommend not running it, the part causing the problem may exit the case.

Just pull the engine and tear it down, check pistons and pins first then rods.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
We have had a couple of customers that have had the bottom end and the top end crap out on them! One customer is on round four with the warranty company! Not so sure about the Teryx's anymore!

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Super Moderator
2,337 Posts
Anything else that you can think?...the ""running fine-running out of gas-now have an engine noise"" is key to this I think....too much to be a coincidence IMO....would love to hear it.....easy to mis-diagnose without being there....

have you used a screwdriver / metal rod to isolate the noise yet?.....

taken the CVT belt off to listen to just the engine?.....

Have some engine guru buds by you to listen to it?.....Lance

·
The Outlaw Ignore Amos
197 Posts
Sounds like a good excuse to get a Commander???

"Sorry Honey, it was going to cost more to fix it than just replace it with a
new Commander"

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts