Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this service bulletin performed today, They replaced the fly weights and primary spring. Still have a small clunk, but it does seem to engage smoother. Not sure if it will effect performance yet was only able to run up and down the street a couple times so far.

·
Registered
17 Posts
there is a recal buletin from can am for the clutch for commander make before spetember I see it in the shop manual supplement.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the primary clutch, took it out for a ride to day and I love it. I am sure the valve adjustment helped to but there is a definite difference.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Flyingbryan
I will be looking forward to your review of the cv-tech clutch. Have you had trouble with the stock one, have you replaced the belt yet, if so which replacement belt did you choose? I was also thinking about the cv-tech clutch but I just don't have the funds for it at this time and I have 650 miles on and am very pleased with how it runs, but anything that would extend belt life would be great. Performance gains a + too.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
@Flyingbryan
I will be looking forward to your review of the cv-tech clutch. Have you had trouble with the stock one, have you replaced the belt yet, if so which replacement belt did you choose? I was also thinking about the cv-tech clutch but I just don't have the funds for it at this time and I have 650 miles on and am very pleased with how it runs, but anything that would extend belt life would be great. Performance gains a + too.
I have not had any problems with the Clutch or any thing else for that matter.

I did take the Commander all apart after I got it and found a lot of things not done to my liking. Like missing grommets, pop rivets, loose and striped bolts. Nothing to bad but should have been better quality assurance. I think that will get worked out for all the Commanders after that first round.

I will make sure to put up a review of both the clutch and EPS (Power Steering) going this week. I may not get to ride for a couple of weeks because it will be back to work, I can't wait.

I did get the complete clutch from Airdam, with Adam's custom CV Primary (with the new plates) and STM secondary that will be here tomorrow or Thursday.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Magellan, I seem to recall talking to Can-Am a while back about an online tool that you could put in your VIN and get all service bulletins and recalls. This online tool does not exist, as far as I know, the best you can do is call a Can-Am dealer and have them run your VIN.

In regards to determining when your machine was built, would be nice to have a VIN schematic to indicate what the different combinations of numbers mean.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
88 Posts
Magellan, I seem to recall talking to Can-Am a while back about an online tool that you could put in your VIN and get all service bulletins and recalls. This online tool does not exist, as far as I know, the best you can do is call a Can-Am dealer and have them run your VIN.

In regards to determining when your machine was built, would be nice to have a VIN schematic to indicate what the different combinations of numbers mean.
Thanks for the info. I will check with my dealer about it as soon as they get in the parts I have ordered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts