Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know this sounds dumb but just how in the heck does the Clutch Puller Tool work? I took off the Primary and the Inner Half of the Primary is still on there. I put in the Tool until it started to turn the crankshaft. NOW WHAT?
I absolutely dont know what to do next. The inner half is still on there solid.
Whats the Trick?

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
First off do not use the fan blades to hold the clutch. You can easyly break them off. Have another person wearing gloves hold the clutch on while you use the Impact. Also use grease on the puller threads and the very end. This helps a lot. Tapered shafts are designed to really hold the clutch on and can be very diffulcult to remove. Although i do not recommend I have had to use heat on a few clutchs over the years.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ya, i called Elliott and he told me to try the heat as well. I put some map gas on it for a minute or two and tried again and nada. I was thinking about the grease as well gonna give that a try next. Thanks for the help. Will return at the next xroads. Wish me luck.

Edit: Got the sumbiatch!! Axle grease ftw!

·
Registered
47 Posts
ha sorry pal i would'a helped you out quicker if i had known you were having problems! once you get the puller in the clutch and it quits turning with the impact, take a small hammer and tap the end of the puller inward towards the clutch. it will somehow free it up. when you hit it with the impact again it will pop right off. i plan on doing a write-up tomorrow about it and having a video on it all

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
ha sorry pal i would'a helped you out quicker if i had known you were having problems! once you get the puller in the clutch and it quits turning with the impact, take a small hammer and tap the end of the puller inward towards the clutch. it will somehow free it up. when you hit it with the impact again it will pop right off. i plan on doing a write-up tomorrow about it and having a video on it all
Ha! Ha! I was going to suggest the hammer trick however I did not want anyone else to blame me for motor damage, been there done that!:unsure:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Here it is guys. This video shows how to take the whole clutch off. Hey Adam, is the clutch puller tool you sell a OEM Can am tool, or something else?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.