Can-Am Commander Forums: Can-Am SSV Commander Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,337 Posts
Lance, thanks for posting the tool. Glad i didnt pay to have the belt put on. I had it broke down to the belt in 40mins which i thought was pretty good. Another 20mins or so and i had it all cleaned up. The belt was in pieces. Only a third of the belt was still in one piece. I started looking at the cvt cover and noticed a pin hole in the top right side when looking at it. Looks like the belt kicked up and melted a little notch in the top. Not sure what to do about the pin hole? I'm guess this is not good to overlook???? I havent priced a new cover yet but i hate to replace. Any ideas? James
If that pinhole is accessible after the cover is installed, I would take brakecleaner and spray around that area first, let it flash off, scuff with coarse scotchbrite, then spray brakecleaner again, then nice coating of hi temp silicone .....you have now sealed the cover to any liquids getting in, any air getting sucked in, and, hey, that's ALL you need to worry about as long as the cover didn't lose any structure integrity......don't lose any sleep over it,,,,....Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks man! Sounds like a good plan. I keep hearing people say to keep the cvt screen clean......am i looking in the wrong place because what i'm looking at does not have a screen. Looks like it comes from the cvt to the bed. You can see it when you dump the bed. am i in the right spot?

·
Super Moderator
2,337 Posts
Thanks man! Sounds like a good plan. I keep hearing people say to keep the cvt screen clean......am i looking in the wrong place because what i'm looking at does not have a screen. Looks like it comes from the cvt to the bed. You can see it when you dump the bed. am i in the right spot?
The CVT intake is on the driver's side of the dash....the corner lid of the dash ...that part of the dash sides rearward couple of inches to unlock, then pulls off ...the screen is held in by the rubber gasket...pop it out from the rubber tangs., clean and reverse the procedure ....make sure you get the plastic cover latched back on securely ....whole task is a few minutes is all ...Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

41 - 44 of 44 Posts