Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inside the Commander glove box are channels that can be used to divide the space into smaller compartments. I believe I saw somewhere (utube video) there were plastic dividers slid into these channels. Did anyone get these divider panels with their Commander? Just wondering.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
We didn't either....that is a BRP exclusive and the set sells for $49.95...US dollars........................................................j/k.....Lance

·
Registered
126 Posts
There is a 1/2 inch slot in the lower bed to divide it in half also. I cut a piece plywood and put it in there. It works great. I put my tool box back there and it doesn't slide all over the place now.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I imagine you are referring to something similar to what you get when you purchase a tackle box and are able to divide the drawers up how you want?
Correct. Just wondering if we were supposed to get these dividers with the machine, from the dealer, have to buy them??? Looks like they could be made pretty easy.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Inside the Commander glove box are channels that can be used to divide the space into smaller compartments. I believe I saw somewhere (utube video) there were plastic dividers slid into these channels. Did anyone get these divider panels with their Commander? Just wondering.
This is what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have those dividers. Top one they put the toolkit in and the bottom one is where the plug for my winch remote is. I also have another one to the right with a USB hookup for the ltd radio

·
Registered
28 Posts
My glove box looks the same as the pic, 2012 X,just the divider part ions shown on the left of your pic.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I made a divider for the vertical slots out of an old plastic factory skid plate I took off my old Teryx. Works great, thickness was right, started out with it larger and kept trimming it down till it fit nice-n-snug. Factory tool kit, flash light etc... fit nicely on the left side. Plenty of room for the 1911 and other stuff on the right.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
I made a divider for the vertical slots out of an old plastic factory skid plate I took off my old Teryx. Works great, thickness was right, started out with it larger and kept trimming it down till it fit nice-n-snug. Factory tool kit, flash light etc... fit nicely on the left side. Plenty of room for the 1911 and other stuff on the right.
Thanx for the great info Hillbilly!

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Registered
10 Posts
Use cardboard to make templates, then trace templates onto rigid plastic or plexiglass. I used clear plexi so light gets into box.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Good ideas...what I don't like is the depth of that left factory cubby hole....you put something short in it and it takes an act of Congress to retrieve it....and we all know how worthless Congress is.. ..lol

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also used some clear plexi to make some dividers. Keep my registrations and maps on top and flashlights, gloves, etc on the bottom.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts