Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what Im working on now. I took a break to post the progress so far. I'm building a bed extension to be able to haul a SxS in a short bed pick up and still be able to tow a trailer. There will be no drilling, cutting or bolting required to install this. I will finish this by bending some 1 3/4" tube that will straddle the hitch and support the tire pads... I hope to have completed pics by this time tomorrow...

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Looks like it should work. Will you have to add support under the back ramps? And will the front go over the cab?

You might have to sell them after you get it dialed in.

·
Registered
145 Posts
These look pretty sweet ... just make sure you don't turn too tight with the trailer or the powered lift and/or propane tanks are going get drilled.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
That's some sweet looking work Jason! ...should work great depending on tight turning as has been mentioned

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks pretty awesome, do you have any kind of suspension helper springs to support all of that weight?
I do have air bags on it but i don't run much air in them. It gets a little tippy If I jack it up too much. Of course the truck is a flatbed now but I still don't need much air.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts