Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my recall notice in the mail anybody else?

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Not here for us yet. Sounds like a couple of strategically located grills by the engine compartment firewall is their answer, correct?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got mine in the mail last week

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Whats the recall about?
Debris collects on top of the frame/factory skid at the base of the CVT cover.....this is right on the front exhaust pipe and many have had localized fires there...while it may not burn for a long time, the driver can't get to it quickly to extinguish.....quite un-nerving when you think about it happening on your own machine.

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Received ours...does not apply to our type of riding, so we are disregarding the whole recall.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Most of my riding does not involve the conditions that they state, yet I thought that I would have them put the screen on anyhow, I can take it off if I do not like the way it looks, but it might help keep some mud out of some really hard to clean out areas.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another way to look at it is if or when it comes time to SELL it, it will have the recall work done for free. And free is always good:yeah:
The new owner would more than likely not even know it was offered or needed.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Another way to look at it is if or when it comes time to SELL it, it will have the recall work done for free. And free is always good:yeah:
The new owner would more than likely not even know it was offered or needed.
In our case, if a dealer is required by BRP to install, we will be looking at a 7 hour round trip plus wait time, possibly overnight in a motel, for this freebie. If the consumer is allowed to install the screens themselves, then it would be free for us less the cost of beer :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Talked to my dealer today about the recall, they said that the recall includes cleaning up the problem area. Normally they only clean that area when you have your oil changed by them. I also wanted to make sure that they were not being screwed on the service because on some other vehicles I have had, they dealers were not paid for the service time spent to apply the recall replacement parts. If that was the case I would take it to the dealer closest to my house which is like 5 miles away, the dealer I have been using is a little over 40 miles away, but they are much more reasonable on their service costs and everything else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is this a US only recall? I am technically not the owner of our commander, but it is my responsibility for the up keep and maintenance of it and as such I will never receive these sorts of notices :banghead:

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Is this a US only recall? I am technically not the owner of our commander, but it is my responsibility for the up keep and maintenance of it and as such I will never receive these sorts of notices :banghead:
Couldn't answer that one for sure....best bet is to contact the dealer from where it was purchased and inquire. My bet is the recall is for every single Commander built tho and will include yours.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts