Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey to all

i bought a commander used private sale originally from Oregen, first owner dident register or get a title for it.
i do have the certifict of origin signed over to me , but the ca dmv wants a title & registration to transfer to my name.
see my problem? can anyone help?:furious:

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
hey to all

i bought a commander used private sale originally from Oregen, first owner dident register or get a title for it.
i do have the certifict of origin signed over to me , but the ca dmv wants a title & registration to transfer to my name.
see my problem? can anyone help?:furious:

What is issued from Oregon is a title stating "NOT REGISTERED BY DMV REGISTRATION" ...it has plate #, title #,process date, fuel type, year, make, style, and vin# filled in....this is a title of ownership, but no registration is issued for off road vehicles in Oregon, including boats.

I would suggest to contact the dude you bought it from and have him send it to you ....if he tells you there wasn't one issued, call BS as I included a pic of ours ....then you may have to revisit your local DMV and ask for the supervisor because of a lost out of state off road title issue ....good luck!

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Registered
188 Posts
One other thing you might be able to do, if you know the dealer he bought it from, they should have all the ownership transfer documents that they would have processed for the guy in their record of sale. If he is reluctant to tell you where he bought it or if that dealer does not have his records but they have other peoples records I would be worried about the ownership.
Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts