Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Testing of our Commander replacement shocks is finally complete! Each shock is custom valved in-house, and includes 8 levels of compression adjustment as well as a remote reservoir for optimal cooling capabilities. Kit pricing is $1850 (+ shipping), and comes ready to install and run!

Feel free to PM me for any additional details.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ive got so many items on the pallet with my Commander half torn apart atm. When my sanity returns I shall be looking your way. Thanks for thinking of us.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Testing of our Commander replacement shocks is finally complete! Each shock is custom valved in-house, and includes 8 levels of compression adjustment as well as a remote reservoir for optimal cooling capabilities. Kit pricing is $1850 (+ shipping), and comes ready to install and run!

Feel free to PM me for any additional details.

Is that price for one, pair, or all four?
Bryan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is no maintenance involved. The shocks may need to be freshened up after a few seasons (pending usage), but that is inexpensive and we can handle that for you. Our replacement shocks start at $1850 per set (4), and can be used with our +4 Commander long travel suspension system that will be available in the coming weeks. But they work great with your stock suspension as well!

You can see the above shocks in action here:

http://www.commandertalk.com/suspension-steering/531-magnum-offroad-commander-suspension-tuning.html

Thank you for your interest, and feel free to contact me with any questions.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Okay, I got the Shocks from Daniel a few days ago. They are "Suhweeeet". The springs are looking beefy compared to the stockers on my XT. From what Daniel tells me about their test trials, these will perform better than the stock Fox. They have two Commando test rides there, one an X and the other XT. Also, These Shocks will be usable in their Wide/Long travel set-up that is comming soon. Ive seen the parts, the design and welding is superb. Cant wait to get the LT kit as well. The Shocks will be going on my ride today or tommorrow depending on the Rain. Will post my own pics with Exhaust and new Shocks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Im leaving for Ocotillo Wells this Thurs. 29th... commin back on the 3rd. I believe Ocotillo will provide a very valid testing ground for the shocks. Don't have a video cam yet, but will take a few pictures and provide some feedback on several fronts on returning.
Need to give a report on the Clutch, Shocks, and well Exhaust but thats really only for looks and sound atm. Will have the soft top from Tite Tops too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks looking forward to it, the only things I've done so far are skids,harness and 2"spacers, the spacers made a big difference to me, but I've only had her out once since installed, I think shocks will be next for me.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Im leaving for Ocotillo Wells this Thurs. 29th... commin back on the 3rd. I believe Ocotillo will provide a very valid testing ground for the shocks. Don't have a video cam yet, but will take a few pictures and provide some feedback on several fronts on returning.
Need to give a report on the Clutch, Shocks, and well Exhaust but thats really only for looks and sound atm. Will have the soft top from Tite Tops too.
Have fun and we want LOTS of picture since you aren't videoing yet...

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
@Barb,
You got it. Been busy around here with the Holidays and Commando prepping. Should have a nice Video Cam sometime in Jan.
Cool, LBR and I really enjoyed the one time that we went to Ocotillo Wells, we happen on it just by chance heading to Glamis..BTW have never made it to Glamis yet...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Okay,
As some of you know, I purchased the Magnum Shock set-up from Daniel about two weeks ago.
Finally, I was hooked up for a trip to Ocotillo Wells this past New Years Weekend. My first chance to try out my new shocks. You have seen the pics already.
Well, after removing the anti-swaybar as recommended I was off! At this point I should tell you that Daniel send me a complete extra set of shocks and asked me to try them out. They were the racing shocks they were sending out to Dhakar or something middle east like that.
So now Im trying out this new Airdam Clutch, a new set of Exhaust pipes and of course my new shocks. Ill keep this post to the shocks.

First thing I wanted to sense was the average ride. Was it stiff, ruff, soft etc. The ride was firmer than the stockers but not bumpy or uncomfortable feeling. Next, I wanted to push the shocks and got into the gas pedal over the whoops, ruts, and bumps. There was a very large difference between stock XT shocks and these. I would have been extremely happy to have these shocks for the remainder of my Commander experience, but, I still had the extra set to evaluate. I spent two days slamming the first set this way and that. Stability was very good. I stay pointed in the intended direction at all times. Not once did I feel like the Commander was Swaying side to side. These shocks really hold up.

The second set of shocks were tempting me, but I was lazy, so finally, Sunday Morning I got up early and put them on. Man it was COLD out there this weekend.
With the second set installed and only one day to Evaluuate, I was pedal to the metal in alot of instances. I pushed and pushed thru all the nasty terrain I could find. You can find alot of that at Ocotillo. You can also find so much dirt and dust you cant see 30 feet in front of you. I actually tried to take the shocks to their limit which I thought was beyond the limit of my Commander. I came down hard several times on just the front end. Those shocks kept me in control and my Commander in one piece. I actually had the feeling of being indestructable. I think my Commander would give up before these shocks will. The ride again is a little firmer but those are words comming from a guy who is used to riding a stock suspender YFZ450 everything feels better than a yfz450.
Needless to say the ride is Greatly improved and Im not giving up that Indestructable Feeling... so the race shocks are staying on. yee haa!!

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Great now I'm going to have to get shocks...not happy with the fox shocks on the X, but LBR and I are not shock adjusters either:furious:...we will keep working on them but I may give-up also the stock ones..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts