Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been told that the commander spindle is weak? Any truth to this? Has anyone here had a spindle problem?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I haven't heard of any spindle problems yet. I've heard about tie rods bending, but not nothing with the spindles.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The only complaint I have heard about that area is the bearings seem to be deteriorating at a rapid rate. If you have extrawide wheels and tires or 2" plus spacers or both, be aware of your wheel bearings. Tim at SDR motorsports said his bearings were shot after one weekend of riding in Glamis. That is just way too quick for me. Others, on the forums have complained about bearing failure or excessive wear as well. I havent checked mine and probably will not until after this next camping trip New Years.
Now I know in decades gone by that wheel bearings on the racers rides were commonly replaced with aftermarket upgrade substitutes. Are there any Wheel Bearing Manu's out there that could come up with a bulletproof set for us? You Vendors in the world of Racing should have at least one or two sources for this kind of thing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only complaint I have heard about that area is the bearings seem to be deteriorating at a rapid rate. If you have extrawide wheels and tires or 2" plus spacers or both, be aware of your wheel bearings. Tim at SDR motorsports said his bearings were shot after one weekend of riding in Glamis. That is just way too quick for me. Others, on the forums have complained about bearing failure or excessive wear as well. I havent checked mine and probably will not until after this next camping trip New Years.
Now I know in decades gone by that wheel bearings on the racers rides were commonly replaced with aftermarket upgrade substitutes. Are there any Wheel Bearing Manu's out there that could come up with a bulletproof set for us? You Vendors in the world of Racing should have at least one or two sources for this kind of thing.
The only way to make it bullet proof is to run a taper bearing...but that drives the cost of the spindle wayyy up. Our rhino spindles are price to compete with trinity and fabtec, HCR's are a little more expensive and if you guys remember Dirts were about 1100 bones. Im going to keep an eye on this thread to see if my source is full of:poop:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I just went and looked at a commander at my local dealer, Im gonna say my source was full of :poop: ....these spindles look as solid as they come.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I checked mine out too a few days ago, but I really dont know what would be Weak or Overbuilt. They do look solid enough for most applications.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts