Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look at the front tires of the Commander compared to the fronts of the wildcat. The Commander isn't in 4wd.
actually we did all the runs 2 low 2 high 4 low and 4 high the wildcat only won at the 4 high ....sadly though the commander won only once and that was the 4 low race comparison ... although i heard through the grape vine that brp will be done with thier all new Performance driven commander meaning no dump beds and what not so it will be a good one for sure!!! But in all honesty comparing the commander against any of these is like comparing apples to oranges ! IT has its own class!

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Well, I can't argue that the Commander is its own class, but it really doesn't look like its in 4wd in this video. There isn't anything coming off of the front tires. Just my observation...

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Haven't looked at it on a computer yet but one question is why not a vid of the finish line couldn't tell anything from this vid..on phone I couldn't tell..

have a Commander well sort of

·
Registered
92 Posts
I will make a video of the commander vs the wildcat this weekend. The wildcat is the slowest of the 3. That pig needs some mods. It has a good suspension actually great suspension but a poor motor in stock form. Any relative stock commanders in Southern Ca around this weekend

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will make a video of the commander vs the wildcat this weekend. The wildcat is the slowest of the 3. That pig needs some mods. It has a good suspension actually great suspension but a poor motor in stock form. Any relative stock commanders in Southern Ca around this weekend
Yes please post that video I am curios on a dry surface what would happen ....but as for the commander They have met their match first with RZR XP and now with the wildcat so make sure you peddle that wildcat to make the commander look good we wouldn't want no disappointments!!! ....and yes it is my job to start a buzz!! lol :devil:

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haven't looked at it on a computer yet but one question is why not a vid of the finish line couldn't tell anything from this vid..on phone I couldn't tell..

have a Commander well sort of
I was at the finish line ! I was at the 300 ft mark and that is were they were dragging too! mind you they had it pegged to me after that i am unsure so i was gauging the run off of the 300 ft mark! and at that point the wildcat was in the lead.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I would hope that both the RZR & Wildcat would beat the commander it's sport vs utility & a few hundred lbs heavier...so I have no disappointment in my X....and there is the thottle lag with the Itc on commander & the holeshot of the Wildcat...

whenever some one/company does this testing they need to do it with timing lights then that would stop all the naysayers of each company/make

I don't think that you will having for a min the RZR guys believing this vid :unsure:

and I do like the looks of the wildcat..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes please post that video I am curios on a dry surface what would happen ....but as for the commander They have met their match first with RZR XP and now with the wildcat so make sure you peddle that wildcat to make the commander look good we wouldn't want no disappointments!!! ....and yes it is my job to start a buzz!! lol :devil:
Just talked to my buddy with the widlcat and his trailing arm is broken. Fortunately he owns a fab shop and as soon as he fixes it we will drag these 2 machines.

·
Administrator
2,339 Posts
Like all these machines....time will tell...we will see them all in the summer:)
Agreed...it's all good for the SxS market ....some are better than others, but that is true in all facets of industry everywhere

Sent from my twin-turbo Droid Razr

·
Registered
19 Posts
300 foot get real that is not a race that is who hits the gas first and hooks up! lets see a minimum 700 feet the units test run around 70 mph plus and you race 300 feet?

·
Administrator
2,339 Posts
300 foot get real that is not a race that is who hits the gas first and hooks up! lets see a minimum 700 feet the units test run around 70 mph plus and you race 300 feet?
Since most drags are 300', so that is a valid race .....the hole shot can make or break the win ...that said

I agree completely with your thoughts here ....if using this drag race as THE benchmark for comparison of these different rigs, don't race 6 times and post the one race that benefits your standpoint the best....but everyone does that, including myself :D:D...

It would be great to run and post up, say all 6-8 races for averaging out things like traction, tires, 2vs4 wheel drive, driver's errors and inconsistencies, etc

Then to further agree with you, do the same race at 1000' or quarter mile for the top end shot

In due time, the machines will be wrung out under unbiased tests and published in the magazines....that's the only tests that we should put validity in other than doing our own testings first hand IMO

Sent from my twin-turbo Droid Razr

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wildcat vs Commander

Ok before I post this all of you must know that I drove the Wildcat and my buddy drove my commander. The Wildcat is a sick machine with a crazy suspension. The thing is a caddy in the sand and is soooo smooth that it feels slow. Well it is not slow and will beat a stock commander and is as fast as a stock XP. I cheated when we started but my commander is not stock (air intake, pc5, and clutch all tuned by weller racing) so it smoked me but don't be fooled the wildcat is for REAL.

·
Administrator
2,339 Posts
Hey, Thanx for your review!!...have seen a vid or 2 of that cat jumping downhill and landing almost as smooth as a sand car....looks really plush riding.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
I believe Dirt Wheels mag just did this test. Read for yourself. All three are awesome. Each one is best at something. Its mostly personal preference. Like some people are diehard Chevy or Ford or Dodge. None is the best at everything. And in the end usually the difference isnt much. Although I will say the RZR and Wildcat are pure sport. The Commander is more of a crossover. From what I see at the dunes, most of us would be happy with any of the three. Of course we all want the fastest and best latest and greatest. I love this discussion!!
You know, Yamaha will be out with a 1200 in the next year or two. The original coming back? Eventually the others will be out with their own sport models.

·
Administrator
2,339 Posts
I believe Dirt Wheels mag just did this test. Read for yourself. All three are awesome. Each one is best at something. Its mostly personal preference. Like some people are diehard Chevy or Ford or Dodge. None is the best at everything. And in the end usually the difference isnt much. Although I will say the RZR and Wildcat are pure sport. The Commander is more of a crossover. From what I see at the dunes, most of us would be happy with any of the three. Of course we all want the fastest and best latest and greatest. I love this discussion!!
You know, Yamaha will be out with a 1200 in the next year or two. The original coming back? Eventually the others will be out with their own sport models.
I detest posts like this. I have nothing to add because you said it all .....and absolutely correct IMO!

sent from my twin-turboed Razr

·
Registered
5 Posts
One thing to note, like others have said, the commander is about the heaviest by far, and is used as a work horse, pack mule, and race car, this thing can haul out 1/4ton of fire wood from the bush and dump it out of the box with the flick of a lever, can't do that with a sand rail like the wildcat or rzr. Commander will probably never win the baja 1000, but wild cat will give them all a run for their money. Lets now compare apple to apples here, the Maverick is the ace in the hole for BRP, lets have a proper race now with sport machines, and leave the utilities to themselves.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts