Can-Am Commander Forums banner

Commander x not cranking

7K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  keepcalmcanamon 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I have searched for 3 day and can't find a answer. I have just recently rebuilt my 1000 due to being sunk. Put mr rpm 1018 kit, Mr rpm race cams pcv and stm clutches. The problem I'm having is when trying to crank it it will turn over hit off for a sec then die. Sometimes it will start and run when it's cold but if it ever starts and runs it will warm up and die and not crank till it cools off. Tried new tb, air sensor, and injectors. Battery is charged and no p codes. Anyone have any suggestions on what it might be?

#6 ·
No probs....sounds like your very savey to mechanicals, so don't take it the wrong way when peeps will throw out real basic ideas....they want you running as much as you want it.

You may post on the other site things you have already done, and maybe that will generate someone's correct idea of what has been missed or may be faulty...

#7 ·
Ok called mrrpm got the problem figured out. With the race cams the motor needs more air. And being on a commander it has electronic throttle he said to drill a hole in the butterfly. We did that and fixed the idle and everything but it's throwing a p code of p2279 and going into limp mode. Got any ideas?

#10 ·
I would have to go look at ours for more info...been too long...lol....can you locate a sensor around your TB that could be throwing a P code?

Since the TB on these is so far away from the engine, I personally think it would be safe to spritz starting fluid thru a WD40 snozzle at mounting gasket and other suspected vacumn leak areas and listen for an idle increase and pinpoint a leak.

#16 ·
hey guys wondering if some people can throw out some ideas on why my 2013 commander 1000 xt with 850km on it has check engine light on and low oil pressure. i changed the gear box with proper gear oil and engine oil with 4 stroke synthetic 5w-40 (twice) on accident haha pulled the wrong plug to change the gear box oil which ended up being the engine oil drain plug(a different one from the first time i change it). the light and message turn off when i rev engine to 3500 rpm and come back on when i let it idle. the light and message come on most of the time but not all of the time as soon as u start the engine and will come one soon as engine starts to warm on. thanks for any help and advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.