Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... I am new to Commander Talk an dI am hoping someone can help. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Commander.... but it seems like it tachs really high while cruising down the road. It is taching at 5-6 when I am between 20-30 mph? Is this right? Or am I just being paranoid about my new $18K toy? :) Thank you.

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
Hi... I am new to Commander Talk an dI am hoping someone can help. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Commander.... but it seems like it tachs really high while cruising down the road. It is taching at 5-6 when I am between 20-30 mph? Is this right? Or am I just being paranoid about my new $18K toy? :) Thank you.
It's the beast of a CVT and is normal ....your RPM will ease up to a certain point as you start out from a dead stop ...then as you get more speed up, pretty soon you'll notice that the RPM isn't raising much, but your gaining alot of speed.....it kinda mimics a clutch that's slipping all the time ....the belt is riding up and down in the primary and secondary sheaves (V-pulleys) and this changes your effective gear ratio between the engine and tranny ....hence a constant variable transmission _CVT .... Lance

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
211 Posts
Are you running in "L" low range or "H" high range? Are you using the performance (black) key or the regular (gray) key? This will also effect your rpm. I have read where some dealers were programing the keys wrong. Meaning (black) key = regular and (gray) key = performance. Just a thought?? Oh yea, Welcome to the site, enjoy

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Ooooooh, Barb.... Wish you guys were gonna be at Winchester this weekend!
I'm Commanderless...:furious: :furious:...so I'm trying to stay away from anyone that has one....so I don't make a scene....:cry::cry:..

Sorry Christy about the hijack of your thread...

·
Administrator
2,343 Posts
So where ya from Christy?....have you had a SxS before the Commander?....quads?......:unsure:.......Lance

1 - 13 of 13 Posts