Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new can am commander max xt 1000 four seater. I have noticed that its pukes out the heat from under the console. What is everyone else doing to cure this. I am planning on wrapping the exhaust pipes but I have read somewhere that there is a console cover that works. Also have read about guys lining the inside of the plastic with thermo barrier stuff. Can the fan be made to turn on sooner to cool it down more rather than waiting for it to get so hot? Any help would be great. Thanks fellas for the advice in advance and Im glad to be on the forum.

·
Administrator
2,344 Posts
I have a new can am commander max xt 1000 four seater. I have noticed that its pukes out the heat from under the console. What is everyone else doing to cure this. I am planning on wrapping the exhaust pipes but I have read somewhere that there is a console cover that works. Also have read about guys lining the inside of the plastic with thermo barrier stuff. Can the fan be made to turn on sooner to cool it down more rather than waiting for it to get so hot? Any help would be great. Thanks fellas for the advice in advance and Im glad to be on the forum.
Welcome to CT.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Redbull. I'm new here but I have a 2014 Magnesium 800 xt and I am doing my first service on all the fluids. At the same time I am installing Thermotec barrier on the inside of all the panels and wrapping the exhaust with Thermotec exhaust wrap as well. When I purchased mine was at the end of the year here at my local dealer and I negotiated a fan to be installed at the rear of the tunnel with a switch on the dash at cost of the parts. Since I have 2 fans, I have a lot of control of exhausting heat from the rear and out underneath the bed. Still on a 100 degree day the cab still was getting a little hotter than I felt comfy with, hence the wrapping I'm doing. On a final note, the wiring connectors that I had installed are reversible on the fan, so with a quick lift of the bed and a switch of the wires, the fan reverses so in the winter the heat blows forward into the cab. Warms things up nicely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have any pics of where you mounted the fan. I have a couple of 8" fans laying around and wonder if I could mount them under there. I did order some thermo tec heat barrier stuff and exhaust wrap that I will be doing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't have a picture if the fan, but it is a 12 inch I believe, that is installed onto the rear frame between the cab and bed. ill try to get a pic up Sunday or Monday. It sits at the angle of the frame so im putting more Thermotec heat shield around the front and underside of the bed to deflect the heat being exhausted from the tunnel by the fans. it may be overkill but that's the way I normally do things lol. I would suggest getting the most powerful fan you can in that size as it really has to be powerful enough to pull a lot of heat through it. ive run my machine in 100 degree weather and got up to 4 bars then flipped my switch and pulled it down to 3 bars in less than a minute. it really works well for me.

·
Administrator
2,344 Posts
I don't have a picture if the fan, but it is a 12 inch I believe, that is installed onto the rear frame between the cab and bed. ill try to get a pic up Sunday or Monday. It sits at the angle of the frame so im putting more Thermotec heat shield around the front and underside of the bed to deflect the heat being exhausted from the tunnel by the fans. it may be overkill but that's the way I normally do things lol. I would suggest getting the most powerful fan you can in that size as it really has to be powerful enough to pull a lot of heat through it. ive run my machine in 100 degree weather and got up to 4 bars then flipped my switch and pulled it down to 3 bars in less than a minute. it really works well for me.
This was also my concern with ours....the heat is having a hard time escaping the tunnel area because the front of the bed restricts it from getting drawn out. I installed Muzzy race exhaust and cut out the front of the bed directly behind the tunnel and also removed the lower trunk box lid, as that's where the mufflers are. The heat is really scavenged out as we move because of that low-pressure area being so open.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.