Can-Am Commander Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While preping the Commander for our spring break trip, I noticed coolant in the middle & front of the skid plate. Found it to be leaking from the seam of the radiator hose t-fitting pod like assembly. It connects the upper & lower radiator hoses to the water pump inlet hose. Has anyone else run across this? Pretty sad the machine only has 15hrs on it. :furious: I will be calling the dealer in the morning.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
CHIME! My leak was under my water pump. I took it to the dealer, they put the cooling system under a pressure test over night and it held... Hasn't leaked since. BUT! When I got it back, the temp gauge didn't work.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
CHIME! My leak was under my water pump. I took it to the dealer, they put the cooling system under a pressure test over night and it held... Hasn't leaked since. BUT! When I got it back, the temp gauge didn't work.
Well leave us hanging:furious:..LOl ..what ended up with the temp guage..:)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Talked to the dealer Monday and supposedly they have run across this before. Its actually a thermostat, looks like a big ass T fitting but hopefully I will get the part today or tomarrow. I had it overnighted so I have it for our trip.

Hey Rhinorehab, you might want to double check but you may have the same problem I am having. It's possible the coolant could be running down the lower water pump inlet hose from the t-stat t fitting assm.

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Talked to the dealer Monday and supposedly they have run across this before. Its actually a thermostat, looks like a big ass T fitting but hopefully I will get the part today or tomarrow. I had it overnighted so I have it for our trip.

Hey Rhinorehab, you might want to double check but you may have the same problem I am having. It's possible the coolant could be running down the lower water pump inlet hose from the t-stat t fitting assm.
So does the Tee crack or split to start leaking?.....or is it a gasket thing?....and it sounds like the coolant could drizzle down the engine and drip from the water pump area??.......great info for us all.....Thanx!....Lance

·
Premium Member
345 Posts

I actually had coolant in the clear tube that comes out of the case at the water pump. It seems to have fixed itself. I think my Commander may be a Transformer... I don't know for sure.
As for the temp gauge not working... They hooked my ride up to a computer which told them the sending unit WAS working. They put a gauge cluster from another Commander in and it worked. They put my cluster back in and it worked again... Que Transformer sound effect....

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I actually had coolant in the clear tube that comes out of the case at the water pump. It seems to have fixed itself. I think my Commander may be a Transformer... I don't know for sure.
As for the temp gauge not working... They hooked my ride up to a computer which told them the sending unit WAS working. They put a gauge cluster from another Commander in and it worked. They put my cluster back in and it worked again... Que Transformer sound effect....
Is it Halloween yet or are the VooDoo dolls out...:giggle:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the t stat in and all fixed, just in time for spring break. From what I understand they have the same t stats in the Spyders as well, which is were the dealer are seeing them leak the most. POS plastic!

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
Thanx for all your help here.....probably will happen to someone else and you have given the answer to the issue....you have won what's behind door #2 now.....:giggle:....Lance

·
Registered
30 Posts
I found a bolt under the front dif laying there looking ominous... My friend has a new X also and I called to ask him where he thought it may have come from. He looked at his and found a bolt laying down there also. We've got about 200 miles on these and we're wondering if anyone has insite on where the hell they've come from!!?? Any ideas???

·
Super Moderator
2,339 Posts
I found a bolt under the front dif laying there looking ominous... My friend has a new X also and I called to ask him where he thought it may have come from. He looked at his and found a bolt laying down there also. We've got about 200 miles on these and we're wondering if anyone has insite on where the hell they've come from!!?? Any ideas???
Will need to check it out....Thanx, Lance

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What size is the bolt? Check your driveline/diff yokes. There is a bolt in the middle of the yoke that I believe others have had come out & found laying in the skid plate.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does anyone know what the tube coming out of the bottom of the engine next to the water pump is actually for?? It appears there has been coolant coming out of mine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks... Hopefully mine is fine as the fluid seems to have been leaking around the hose clamp. Still don't know why there was some in the tube.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Thanks... Hopefully mine is fine as the fluid seems to have been leaking around the hose clamp. Still don't know why there was some in the tube.
The exact thing happened to me. I don't know if the water pump seal has to seat and leaks a little until it does. I too had a loose hose clamp.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts