Can-Am Commander Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today i installed the blower. i went to are local marina bought the blower and some 3" duct hose. install was pretty straight forward, just had to be a little creative. i used the stock rubber boot with the screen in it and wired it to a switch. im going out for a booz cruz i mean ride to see how it works. scott

·
Administrator
2,339 Posts
We had discussed this in length on another forum ....we know the cfm of the pump, but no one could figure a proper way to measure the stock intake cfm at any given RPM..... to verify if the CVT fan would overcome the blower fan, and at what RPM it would be .....so I said to heck with it and installed it

...sent with TapaTalk...please excuse brevity & no smileys

·
Registered
74 Posts
I wonder if airspeed coul be measured with a hanheld anemometer that ag chemical applicators use to measure windspeed.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
We installed a blower on the intake side of the CVT on our race Commander. We installed a used belt and ran two hours with the blower and an hour race. We haven't had any more belt issues since. We might install one on the exahaust side also. Another thing that you can do is take the stock exhaust and intake piping and clean it up with the die ginder just to help flow. Good Luck

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We installed a blower on the intake side of the CVT on our race Commander. We installed a used belt and ran two hours with the blower and an hour race. We haven't had any more belt issues since. We might install one on the exahaust side also. Another thing that you can do is take the stock exhaust and intake piping and clean it up with the die ginder just to help flow. Good Luck
yea i also cleaned up the exhaust side at the bottom, i cut out the lip. st

1 - 8 of 8 Posts